New Guy from SC with a few questions(and pics!!!)

jhart

Reaction score
What's up guys? My names Jordan. Unfortunately, i do not own a 6th gen, my girlfriend does. I currently am going to be trading in my silverado for a 5th gen camaro. My girlfriend started showing interest in modifying her car, so me, happier than a schoolgirl, figured i'd take on the project. It's my first honda(first import i've ever modded), and i'm just getting started. I have a couple of questions i'd like to have answered, but i'll post up the couple of pics i have of the car so far, and list the mods and future mods to her car.
Specs:
2002 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Eternal Blue Pearl Exterior/Grey Cloth Interior
2.3l engine/auto combo

Exterior:
-smoked tails
-10% window tint
-misc. stickerzz
-debadged
-10k HID low beams

Performance:
-Short Ram Intake, Spectre filter(intakes for sound anyways imo)

Suspension/Wheels:
-Tanabe Lowering Springs
-XXR 521's in black, 18x8.5 +30 offset,225/40/18 delinte tires

Interior/Electronics:
-Radio Surround,Shifter surround painted flouresent pink
-Kenwood Single din
-Kicker Door Speakers in all the doors
-2 Kicker Solo Comp. Classic 10's in a ported box
-Kicker zx1000.1 amp for the subs.
f553c746.jpg

24abcce5.jpg

df7bb396.jpg

5bf24490.jpg

0d09d248.jpg

My truck :p
sexy2.jpg

Like i said fellas/ladies, it's just a start.
Here's a to be done list:
-Front lip
-Fog Lights
-10k HID High Beams
-Cleared Headlights(wheels won't be black anymore, so no black housings :/)
-LED taillights(no more smoked :/ she wants white, so she'll get white)
-re-paint wheels white
-colormatched side pieces and mudflaps
-Koni Yellow Adjustable Struts(or D2 coilovers, unsure yet on that one)
-Eibach sway bars
-some sort of strut bar
-Megan Header
-Apexi WS2 exhaust
-leather interior swap(grey with suede throughout)
-powdercoated calipers metallic pink

That's pretty much the jist of what i have going on so far and in the future. However, i have a noobish question of me that i'd like to ask you guys with more knowledge on these cars.

Her car is a 2002. I don't seem to be able to locate a fog light kit for her car, or a lip kit for the front. The only thing i've ever seemed to find is for the 98-00 sedan or the coupe front for those mods. Can anyone shed me some info as to what i can do? The only thing i'm seeing is changing to a 98-00 front bumper and going from there? If that's the case, all i should need is the actual bumper cover itself as it should just bolt right up to the existing mounts and everything correct? Thanks for the read, i tend to type alot. Any helpful info would be great guys! Thanks!

cjsaccord

Reaction score
welcome to the club! your girls accord is really clean. as for the h.i.d's I would advise you to get a lower Calvin rating to get usable light I have 4300 and I love them I had 6k before and went back to my 43k since I lost so much usable light. as for lip kits just search there are plenty of them for these cars. I'm on my phone so I cant really help you out with that. I'm sure someone else will chime in later on today with more information. BTW nice truck!

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice truck indeed. What years does the 5thgen Camaro include? My brother had a '93 Z28, then an '01 SS.

Only 98-00 2dr Accord models were equipped with optional OEM lip kits. The 01-02 2dr and 98-02 4dr had no lip kit options. But there are other lips than OEM that you can put on this car. Just do some searching and you’ll see what I mean. A good place to start would be to browse the members rides subforum.

If you change to a coupe bumper you also need the coupe hood to avoid having an unsightly gap between them.

There are OEM foglight kits for the 01-02 sedan, just don’t get them from your dealer because they are a ripoff. Even the OEM ones sold elsewhere can be expensive, but you get what you pay for in terms of quality, etc. I bought mine from here (scroll down):
http://handa-accessories.com/accext01.html

Last edited:

EscoStylez

Reaction score
welcome to the site...I have an 01-02 accord u can find everything for our cars just not oem but damn near close to it...I have front and rear lip.. and fogs that I picked up front Ebay $50does the same job plus $250 for OEM fogs just to get ur lens cracked would suck...U can always change ur front bumper to 98-00 sedan and get OEM civic wit a lil bit of modding they fit prefect plus the 98-00 bumpers I think have more stuff out there.....White taillights:boo: hey FYI 98-00 taillights wil NOT fit our 01-02 trunk lids...u and ur girl can always look at member ride thread for different idea....ill trade u my lip kit and fogs for ur truck :duckhunt: be a good bf :D

jhart

Reaction score
Thanks guys, i'll try and answer all the things said in this post.
cjsaccord-i know that about the hid thing man, my truck has 6k lows and fogs, but she
wanted blue for some odd reason.
RedRyder- Thanks man, but wow 240 bucks for fogs? looks legit though, i'll take that into
consideration. 5th gen is 2010 and up. I had a 2010 SS but traded for the truck,
now i miss it everyday. I'll be picking one up soon.
dfaulkner- Thank ya broski
EscoStylez- Thanks for the help. NOOOOOO her taillights aren't going to be white. I'm
justwanting red over clear led tails. Just for whenever i change the rims/headlights i change the tails too because of the color palette change(blue/white not blue/black). And na i think i'll just trade it in :p

To everybody else- thank ya!!!1

Back