Spring is coming, need some wheel suggestions.

Madelinot169

Reaction score
Alright, i'm looking for some 17" Black with chrome trim wheels.
I need some suggestions, what style rims would look nice, and also what size tires would be the best.
Note: I dont have a drop and i'm not planning on getting one anytime soon but i'd like the wheels and tires not to look too small in the wheel well. I have an I4 so 17" is the biggest i'll go for rims.

Here is my ride last summer on stock rims. (195/65R15)
DSCF7055.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Find some rims you like, see what sizes they come in, then we can tell you what tire size to get since it depends on the rim specs. If you're not dropping the car, 17's will look alright, I put 17's on my car with no drop and it just looked stock. Definitely do not want to go bigger than 17's with no drop.

To make sure the wheels don't look too small in the wheel well, you need to make sure that the specs you get will equate to the overall factory diameter you have on the stock wheels.

And I would recommend getting something other than black w/chrome lip for 2 reasons.
A) Black w/chrome lips are played out.
B) You have that nice rare blue, there are so many wheel colors that would look so much nicer than black imo. i.e. gunmetal, gold, polished, etc.

Last edited:

Madelinot169

Reaction score
I'm not sure, its such a hard decision, there are so many nice ones out there :S
But i always loved the whole blacked out idea. i got tinted windows, tinted tails, and i'm planning on getting blackhoused headlights with black lip for the front. And where i'm from there isn't that many cars with black and chrome trim.

Gold could look okay but it all depends, I never looked much into gold but i'm not quite sure what would look the best :S

Gunmetal is meh, looks super clean tho but i'm not sure if it would be right for me, but i do admit it looks amazing with cars with huge aftermarket brakes. Which i dont have, i painted calipers blue and drum covers black, so how would gold look with that??

For black and chrome trim, i was thinking something like this http://www.whee1s.com/autopict/diskalbum/7/14/6974_middle.jpg

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
before spending money on wheels do it right and start with a five lug swap :)

Not everyone needs a 5 lug swap. Sure they have a lot more wheels to choose from and better specs, but if you dont need it don't go for it.

OP: first of all, whay is your price range?

Back