2000 Ex v6 coupe brake rotors. Captive?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new here and am trying to help my friends out. My best friend has a 1995 accord ex coupe that I recently did slotted rotors and Ebc green stuff pads front and rear. I did not do the research before tackling the job, I thought his 95 accord would be similar to every 95 civic and integra I've done brakes on, but I was wrong. The rotors were captive, or captured or what have you...

Now, my best friends girlfriend drives a 2000 accord ex v6 coupe, and she is asking me to replace all of her brake rotors/pads front and rear for her. Will the rotors on her 00 ex v6 coupe be 'captive' or captured like his 95 ex coupe was, or will they slide right off like most other cars?

I really need this info asap. Thanks Guys!

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Are you saying you couldn't get the rotors off the car? They should come off fine after you remove the two screws from the hub. If they're stubborn, use a hammer.

Secondly, what has said girlfriend promised in return?

Reaction score
On the 95 accord I couldnt get them off the way I thought I could (like most civics and integras anyways). I ended up calling another friend of mine and said the rotors on the 5th gen accord are captive, or captured....

I havent tried taking the 6th gen accords rotors off yet, I was checking to see if it'd be the same as the 5th gen accords rotors, or what. So the 6th gen rotors should slide right off after loosening the two screws I see holding most rotors on?

CG6>YourCar

Reaction score
On the 95 accord I couldnt get them off the way I thought I could (like most civics and integras anyways). I ended up calling another friend of mine and said the rotors on the 5th gen accord are captive, or captured....

I havent tried taking the 6th gen accords rotors off yet, I was checking to see if it'd be the same as the 5th gen accords rotors, or what. So the 6th gen rotors should slide right off after loosening the two screws I see holding most rotors on?

Yes, on the 6th gens after you remove the two rotor screws they should come off. If in the case they don't, bang them with your hand or a rubber mallet until they do.

Reaction score
Ok, cool, was hoping it wouldnt be the same as the 5th gen accord.

And "said girlfriend" is my best friends gf, which I have known both for like 5+ yrs, so I am just trying to help them out.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
If you know someone who has an impact screwdriver a couple of taps and it will come right out easy. The screws on these rotor tend to get stuck or "attached" to the rotors. And imo you really don't have to screw it down cause the brake pads and caliper will hold it on the hub. GL

Back