car wont start,AEM EMS installed

hotaccord243

Reaction score
I went to radio shack few hours ago and they didnt have any serial to USB,because Iv heard those work.

I cant find new drivers for my cable..hmm..19.99$ pos.lol

I have the Radio Shack Serial to USB cord, along with the drivers for it if you need it. Good cable and never had any problems. It sounds like, since you didn't mess with the tune via AEM, only had the car sit for 24hrs, but heard a pop, there is a short somewhere honestly.

Especially since you cannot connect to the AEM, and the fuel pump doesn't prime only after it sitting for a while. There has to be a short somewhere that's the only logical explanation. The cord could be part of the problem, but maybe not all of it.

I would double check that when you turn the key to ACC that you have an OHM reader or something similar to make sure there is a signal sent the fuel pump, if not that wire has to be shorted out and i would re-wire that. If it continues to cause problems there must have been one of the "mystery smoke" conditions to where something shorted out and you have to find out where.

I as well have the program on my laptop and will be working on my car late morning with it to fine tune fuel, TPS, etc. to get ready for a tune. If you want, PM me and you can give me a call as well and i can do my best to help since i'll be playing with my car's EMS as well.....

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Im going to say there is no short tho,because Like i said I plug my OEM ECU up and it fires,primes and cranks right up! so its in the EMS itself,something is off.Either AEM is fried or a setting got messed up somehow.

but does all sensors need to be plugged up in order to connect? I had my map sensor unplugged few times but its plugged in now?

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Well your right, it must be something in the AEM EMS. Because if the Stock ecu plugs up and the car fires up then yes. Does the fuel pump prime and run when you plug in your stock ecu, and everything works just fine?

Yes, you will need to plug in everything. You'll notice when something isn't working correctly or unplugged. When you say the map sensor is plugged in now does that mean before or after you have problems starting the car via AEM?

Sensors wouldn't matter or play a factor in you being able to connect your laptop to the AEM one bit. The only thing it could be is there's no power to the AEM, The USB/Serial cord doesn't work, or there is a short somewhere (whether in the unit or somewhere else).

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
yes fuel pump primes when key ON,then cranks 1st spin over like always with OEM ECU!

AEM installed-no prime noise,and then1 loud click under the hood somewhere then just rolls over.

but no everything was hooked up normally when I had this issue the other night..If I ever get sync how would I pull the map thats ON the ECU?
because I have the basemap file still that was on before hand-and yes the car fired and ran fine with the basemap!(no boost of course )

also how would I get the EMS to prime/activate my fuel pump again?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
ya thats how iv been doing it..hope this other laptop works! gah i shall see in a few minutes.call you in a little.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Thinking about ordering a new series 2 EMS...3 serial to usb cables.even IOgear that AEM uses-2 laptops..still nothing. :( lesson learned at saving money at used parts.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I still say send it off to AEM for them to fix it.. Would be cheaper and just as reliable than a new Series 2, because your current one will be like new after they refurbish it, except proven by time and then on top of that the extra care taking during the refurbishing process.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Already ordered new one..once I get that,Ill send this one in and get it fixed then sell it..I still have all the paperwork,cd,cables,box ect.

Back