STUPID P1456! please help me

justmoddin

Reaction score
teesak i will def try to make it click several times, lately i have been doing six clicks and i never have the check engine light go off unless i clear the code, Also when i went to autozone i got code p1456 and a p0705(which i havent got before but read that its about a transmission sensor, so ill have to look into that a little more), I really wish i could borrow some ones cap to see if that is the issue before i go buying one lol

also how would i go about doing this pressure vac test? thanks justmoddin

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
nice it being free!! But unfortunate you haven't been able to solve it. I read some of your posts about it and it seems like you have been through a lot trying to figure this stubborn code out. Did you ever look into the orvr?

orvr?

justmoddin

Reaction score
I believe the orvr is part number 17550-S84-A01 if that helps find on a diagram, It is located in front of the fuel pump on top of the gas tank.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Ah. #11 in this diagram

13s8201_b03.png

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...2DR+EX+(V6)&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=FUEL+TANK

And no, I haven't. Is there something that makes it a likely candidate? I've already spent around $200 replacing what were all thought to be the likely causes, and it made no difference. Did you replace this on your car or something?

justmoddin

Reaction score
not yet but i guess its one more part to go bad and one more gasket to leak, is there a way to pressure test the tank anyone, and i read this http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2639636
where in his case it was the orvr so i think we need to stick more tank side i noticed you have replaced most the parts that would prob throw a 1457 which is what i was starting to do as well but since its 1456 i think it has more to do with tank, filler neck, cap etc

EastSideRide

Reaction score
I get my new canister and valve tomorrow. I know for sure that the canister is bad so I hope that's will clear the code for me :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

justmoddin

Reaction score
I get my new canister and valve tomorrow. I know for sure that the canister is bad so I hope that's will clear the code for me :D

well i believe those to be remedies for a 1457 but i hope you get rid of your code either way i cant stand that little orangeyyellow glow on my dash makes me want to yank the bulb out lol. If you do have p1456 im curious to know if by the valve you mean the two way valve (not the solenoid that is also attached to the canister) and how do you know you have a bad canister homie????

EastSideRide

Reaction score
well i believe those to be remedies for a 1457 but i hope you get rid of your code either way i cant stand that little orangeyyellow glow on my dash makes me want to yank the bulb out lol. If you do have p1456 im curious to know if by the valve you mean the two way valve (not the solenoid that is also attached to the canister) and how do you know you have a bad canister homie????

I had it looked at by a friend how works at a local dealership. I dropped it off and he took everything apart. I don't know all the details though lol. But I tried to remove the #12 bolt and the dam thing is worn and its a standard 15/32

justmoddin

Reaction score
ah i gotcha wish i had a buddy like that! not sure which bolt your talking about but ive had my share of locked up bolts and screws and sure isnt fun i usually spray it with pb blaster or wd40let it sit and then go at it with vicegrips. Oh and i cleared my codes a few days ago and super tightened my gas cap lol so far so good maybe put 80 miles on i got my fingers crossed!

EastSideRide

Reaction score
ah i gotcha wish i had a buddy like that! not sure which bolt your talking about but ive had my share of locked up bolts and screws and sure isnt fun i usually spray it with pb blaster or wd40let it sit and then go at it with vicegrips. Oh and i cleared my codes a few days ago and super tightened my gas cap lol so far so good maybe put 80 miles on i got my fingers crossed!

I'm talking about the #12 that holds the canister. There is only one bolt and then you slide it off the bracket. I have to use a 15/32 which is the oddest bolt. But I might have to use my bolt locking set to rip the dam thing out and then buy a new bolt. I'll find out today lol

Back