Caliaccord's 2002 Accord sedan Lx (56k) (Big Update 9/12/15)

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
What's up guys. After being a member for over 2 years, I am finally making my own members ride thread. My name is Daniel and this is my 2002 accord sedan. I have had this car since December of 2011 and have slowly been modifying it over the years. I am open to all types of criticisms and would love to hear everyones opinions of my car.

UPDATED PICS: 9/12/15

Engine/Performance:
F23a1 101k miles
AEM short ram intake
Magnaflow catback exhaust system

Suspension/Wheels:
Tein Street Advance Coilovers
DNA Racing strut bar(eBay stuff)
Drag dr-35 17x7.5 +42
Falken Pro G4 tires 225/45/17

Interior:
Kenwood speakers
Crunch Subs

Exterior:
Mugen front lip
All-Fit lip
Hc1 rear lip (Retired)
Blackhoused retrofit headlights
OEM hood bra
Sidemarkers
Yellow foglights
Window visors
rear window visor
window tint

Near Future Plans(before summer ends):
5 speed swap
Mugen rear lip
Paint (white)-Done!!!

Future Plans:
Turbo because who doesn't love the sound of a bov. lol
s2000 steering wheel
Rsx seats
Wings west lip kit
Progress RSB

Most recent pics at the bottom!!!!!

[URL=http://s172.photobucket.com/user/Ortid317/media/unnamed-12_zps64xrbpmn.jpg.html]

[URL=http://s172.photobucket.com/user/Ortid317/media/unnamed-12_zpswxsomh2p.jpg.html]

Last edited:

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Re: Caliaccord's 2002 Accord sedan Lx (56k)

Thanks. I was looking into function and forms or Godspeed Project coilovers. I really just want something reliable without going bankrupt. The limit Im looking to spend is $650 or less. Its my DD and I drive a good 30 miles to school everyday so I really need something that will last a few years. I understand you get what you pay for but my transmission is going out so I also have to pay to get that done.

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score

You got it.
I feel you man. Well, here's the thing. When you buy inexpensive coilovers your reliability diminishes, or well, it's not guaranteed. Maybe you can do a stut/spring combo such as koni yellow and eibach sportline. Koni is back by a limetime warranty and they ride really well. Eibach is a known and reputable brand as well.
Right now I'm on eibach sportline springs and kyb gr2 struts. I've had them for about a year, but here's the thing. I voided both warranties putting them together as the kyb shock isn't suppose to be paired with sportlines which have 2" drop. The lowest I was allowed to drop it was 1.5". I was new to modifying, money became tight, but I wanted something different than my stock set up. My mechanic whom I trust told me that they would be fine. But like I said it voided the warranty. This might be another route as I paid about 650 with installation. I warn you though, I wouldn't consider it "reliable." People have blown these shocks with this set up. It depends how the roads are by you, how you drive, and if they were properly installed. The next set up I am looking at getting early September are Koni Yellow and Eibach Ground Control. They cost about $1000 before installation. But both are backed by lifetime warranty and offer great handling and reliabilty. This setup (spring/shock) are comparable and argubly better than most coilovers in this price range. My next choice would probably be ksport although, I'm pretty firm on the koni/gc setup. Heard nothing but great things and my main concerns are reliability, performance, and warranty. Plus I am going to get custom rates, as stiff as I can before they would need to bevalved!
With that budget though maybe you can get some used ksports, which I've seen quite a few members on here like and last an upwards of 4 years. Of course, you don't know how they've been driven on.

If you haven't already check out the Suspension Review thread to help with your decision:
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16578

To wrap up my long-winded but hopefully informative and helpful comment, I realize your budget but it's also important that reliability for $650 will not be 100% guaranteed. But I also realize the need to modify, lol, and the nature of trial and error, and improving. My best advice is do your research across all forums and if reliability truly is your greatest concern, er on the side of caution when selecting suspension.

I'm here to help! Best of luck, and happy driving.

-Avery

Caliaccord02

Reaction score

Thanks for taking time to write all this out, I really appreciate it. Im not really looking to get lowering springs due to the fact that I would like to adjust the lowering to my liking and not be stuck at a certain height. I noticed that alot of people on here are running function and forms and that was really my #1 choice. I read on other forums that they will last as long as you dont slam the car which I wasnt looking to do anyways. I also read on other forums that the godspeed coilovers are good quality but the thing that scares me about those is that I have never seen anyone on here run them. I was looking into koni yellows but they are pretty pricey. Do you think I would be fine running koni yellows with some megan racing coilover sleeves?

Varnell

Reaction score

Car is looking good! Makes me miss my sedan.

On a side note, I've had my FF Type II's sitting in my garage for a few weeks now. Been too lazy to put them up for sale. I'll try to post some pics up in my for sale thread by tomorrow night if you're interested.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score

Keep an eye on the classifieds section. Every once in a while a good deal comes up on some good coilovers. The FF2 is a pretty good compromise between road and track from what I hear, no personal experience though.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Caliaccord02

Reaction score

I'll be keeping an eye out. Thanks Varnell,thanks bairdandrew77.

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score

Not a problem! I'm glad to help.
My friend had f&f type 1's on his 96' integra and it handled really well too. I've just heard equally not so good things about them too. But they may be a good choice to get you by.
Also a few other coils that are worth looking into are raceland, cx racing, and truhart.
I have a friend with an 04' (I think) Mazda 3 who is running them. He's had them for about a year and he likes them personally. He said they're really stiff and handle well. Their also about $400 for our cars I believe. I haven't heard of anyone on here running them and I can't speak for longevity but just another option and something to look into.
I'm not sure about that combo. I would call Koni or an authorized distributer of Koni and see what they think. When I was researching Koni, I found they had a great reputation with many different cars. Even BMW forums view them as acceptable for track, however they are not first choice. First choice will cost you $3000+. Koni is reliable, dependable, great performance, for a lifetime if you buy them new. I don't think their warranty extends to second hand buyers though so be aware.
Also if I would ask Koni about interchanging the springs. I believe the Koni Yellow (Sport) is made differently to accomodate a certain spring. For example. Koni has a special Yellow they use for eibach sportlines as opposed to say Megan Racing and even Ground Control. I would see how getting the megans would affect that, like if you would be able to get a different spring for the Koni like Swift and how that whole process works.

-Avery

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score

Sorry, to clarify. The coils my friend with the mazda has are raceland. I accidentally left that out.

-Avery

Back