What'd you do to your accord today?

mrz80

Reaction score
Today? Drove it to church, then swung by wallyworld and put in a new battery. Old one had a crack in it. For some reason little puddles of sulfuric acid in my engine bay don't appeal. :) Oh, and ordered new plugs and wires - NGK. YESTERDAY was the big day: four wheel brake job. Pads up front, shoes in back, and stainless hoses on all four corners. Weird, for 209k miles and NEVER having serviced the drums, they were in PRISTINE shape, with plenty of life still on the original shoes! Go figure.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sure the rear brakes weren't seized? I doubt they would be in that kind of condition after 209k miles unless they were either serviced or not doing anything. Even if you do live in Florida ha.

mrz80

Reaction score
Sure the rear brakes weren't seized? I doubt they would be in that kind of condition after 209k miles unless they were either serviced or not doing anything. Even if you do live in Florida ha.

Positive. All the mechanicals were moving, and I could work the piston cups in both cylinders back and forth with zero difficulty. And I can hear the slack adjusters clicking since I did the job. I know the rears were doing something 'cause everything was covered with brake shoe dust when I first popped the drums. It's just that there was so much less wear and tear than I was expecting.

In other news, blue wires make my car go faster! Installed a set of NGK ZFR6F-11G plugs and some purty blue NGK wires, and the continual misfiring from 2000-3000 RPM went byebye. Next gremlins are in the suspension. Gotta relube the sway bar bushings, (durned Poly squeaking!), replace a couple control arm bushings (they're deteriorating), and look into struts. I've got a sagging corner, and at 200k miles and lots of jouncing over speedbumps, I think it's time.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
The first 80+ degree day of the year. So I took the 99 Accord over to the beer store and got some beer. I also ran the AC (more as a test), and the inside cooled down real nice. :)

Connie

Reaction score
Well so far today I've hopped in and driven to Missisauga. It's only 8:30 AM though.

Yesterday was a good test for my parts car cooling system repairs; 29 Celsius feels like 36 with the humidity. Put 300 hard km on her yesterday and nothing exploded.

Got home from work last night and my damn dog who had stitches in his foot on Saturday had broken his cone, chewed off his bandage and started pulling stitches out. So now there's lots of dog blood and ointment on the passenger from yesterday's after-work vet journey.

It's cooking in the sun right now, it's just as hot here today.

Gradfien

Reaction score
I installed some megan racing upper control arms (i had a loose ball joint so I had an excuse) I also finished welding some intercooler piping.no pics of the piping.
b884a315e169b38d6769244260a6ce15.jpg

capsidx

Reaction score
I installed some megan racing upper control arms (i had a loose ball joint so I had an excuse) I also finished welding some intercooler piping.no pics of the piping.
b884a315e169b38d6769244260a6ce15.jpg
Is there a difference in handling or ride quality at all. I know it would be hard to tell of your old one was worn out but do you like it so far? I've installed a moog upper on the passenger side and I want to install one on the driver's side in a few weeks. I may switch over to Megan racing uppers if I get food feedback. I have a set of their headers installed and they're high quality, especially for the price.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Gradfien

Reaction score
Is there a difference in handling or ride quality at all. I know it would be hard to tell of your old one was worn out but do you like it so far? I've installed a moog upper on the passenger side and I want to install one on the driver's side in a few weeks. I may switch over to Megan racing uppers if I get food feedback. I have a set of their headers installed and they're high quality, especially for the price.

I havn't got the chance to drive it but I doubt there will be a difference. I'm going to try to do the alignment monday(I am not sure i even know how to adjust camber properly) then maybe Ill drive it. The seem to be really nice thick steel and the old ones look flimsy in comparison. I also will be able to change the camber alot now.

capsidx

Reaction score
I would imagine so just because the uppers are cake. I had to loosen and tighten mine with a wrench. Lots of quarter turns lol but it was still easy. Can't speak for op though lol

Back