So I got tired of my fart can, and here are my plans..

Chris Vu

Reaction score
I'm planning on getting rid of my giant 4" fart can, and going with something more .. refined. Anyways, here are my plans:

Get rid of the Megan Racing 4" Bazooka from the axle back (I'm going to be keeping the 2.25" pipes from the cat to the rear axle). I'm also going to be getting a Magnaflow 22"x6" resonator to quiet it down so that it's not so loud, and then just welding on something like .. "amg style" tip, maybe even go with the quad look like that one 6thgen in europe :p.

My question is; with just a 22"x6" resonator, would it still be loud ? Or would a huge resonator like that quiet it down pretty well ?

There's not really any 'sound mods' on it .. although I'm going to be putting in headers soon, with a stock cat.

EDIT: Correction .. I can only find 14"x4" resonators .. BOO! Well, now would that be enough to quiet down the exhaust without a muffler ? Lol.

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Resonator should do the trick! Especially for a Magnaflow. I'd love to see the polished dual outlet muffler, that look has grown on me more and more. As long as it doesn't drastically decrease your backpressure due to being a dual outlet muffler you should be fine. I am not sure on the specifics of flow of dual outlet versus single outlet mufflers.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Resonator should do the trick! Especially for a Magnaflow. I'd love to see the polished dual outlet muffler, that look has grown on me more and more. As long as it doesn't drastically decrease your backpressure due to being a dual outlet muffler you should be fine. I am not sure on the specifics of flow of dual outlet versus single outlet mufflers.

I'm going to be joining both pipes into one 2.25" pipe, and lead that back to the resonator, so backpressure should be fine hehe.

I'll take pics once it's done. I'm just so tired of the headaches after long drives :ugh2:, and the scraping while going in and out of driveways ..

But thanks for the input ! I just want a nice rich and deep tone, like what I have now, but a lot more quiet. Lol.

99accord boi

Reaction score
im looking to do the same but i wanna get a single blast pipe but with no sound coming out :jae:
lmk how it sounds with the resonator

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Will do :D I hope it quiets it down enough lol.

What do you mean by the "single blast pipe with no sound coming out" ?

99accord boi

Reaction score
ok so i jus want like a 9-12in x 3.5in diameter blast pipe but in order for me to get one to fit i need to get rid of both (stock) mufflers and run custom piping but im gonna need a resonator to quiet everything down

99accord boi

Reaction score
i still wanna hear something mike something a lil louder then ur cls mufflers
btw do u have pre mufflers on ur set up? u still have it dont u?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
liquidmetal - are you I4 or V6? If you are V6, do NOT join the two into one 2.25 one.. If you want to put exhaust from both headers into one pipe, just get a 2.5" catback with a resonator. You don't want to bottleneck your system either and have TOO much backpressure. 2.5" would be perfect for a V6 and you'll free up a bit more power, especially if you also get aftermarket headers.

When I was referring to two outlets, I was talking about having two outlets on one muffler, not two mufflers with one outlet each. Maybe one of us misunderstood.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Hehe, sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm i4. The "muffler tip" that I'm getting has two outlets, but I'm going to weld on 2.25" tubes and combine the back of the muffler tip into one outlet. Once that's done, I will weld that onto the resonator. Lemmie see if I can get a picture....
______
| CAT |---------|Resonator|---<

So it's the cat, then the resonator, then it'll lead out to the dual muffler tip.

x3_mut-mbw203__1.jpg

That's what the tip looks like. So I'm going to join the back of them together into one tube pretty much :D I was considering splitting the piping from the resonator so that I can have a "quad exhaust" look. Duals on driver and passenger side.

Back