Wheel Fitment Thread

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
aight thanks
u guys know of any good tire places im kinda short on cash

or a slammed freindly alignment shop?
I got my alignment at Clark's House of Suspension in Lake Forest. His rack is level with the ground so he shouldn't have a problem getting really low cars on there. For toe adjustment only it cost me like $85.

99accord boi

Reaction score
aight thanks fellas so in conclusion i should get a 215 45 to fit on the 17x9+22
but the 205-40 can work right? jus not safe
oh and sleeper are u runnin natural camber up front?

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
A 205/40 could work but honestly it would be so small on that wheel that your speedometer would be way off, you'd be burning through gas all day long from high revs, and you'd run the potential risk of damaging your wheels. Simply putting a 215/45 would be much more ideal. Even then it's not the same as your stock wheels. Right now my speedo is off by about 5MPH when driving at highway speeds. So when I cruise at 70MPH, I'm really going 65MPH (confirmed this with my cell phone's GPS).

Also, I have no camber kits, just natural camber.

99accord boi

Reaction score
A 205/40 could work but honestly it would be so small on that wheel that your speedometer would be way off, you'd be burning through gas all day long from high revs, and you'd run the potential risk of damaging your wheels. Simply putting a 215/45 would be much more ideal. Even then it's not the same as your stock wheels. Right now my speedo is off by about 5MPH when driving at highway speeds. So when I cruise at 70MPH, I'm really going 65MPH (confirmed this with my cell phone's GPS).

Also, I have no camber kits, just natural camber.

thats wierd im running 205-40 on my 17x7's atm and my speedo is off by like 7 my mom was driving next to me on the freeway lol
but yea i feel u i looked at my new tires and they are waay to thin to run on the 9 in wide wheels thanks alot for the advice man

OhSoSlow

Reaction score
so , i just recently purchased 17x8 rims, what size tire would i need ? i want Great tread life, and Great grip, all season , but idont want super huge sidewalls . =D any help would be greatly aprpreciated . thanks.

i also dont want my speedometer to be off .. all stock .. 00' coupe

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
so , i just recently purchased 17x8 rims, what size tire would i need ? i want Great tread life, and Great grip, all season , but idont want super huge sidewalls . =D any help would be greatly aprpreciated . thanks.

i also dont want my speedometer to be off .. all stock .. 00' coupe

I want you to use google lmao.
But anyways 4cyl or 6cyl? MT or AT?

If your stock tire is 195 65 15 though, 225/45 R17 should serve you pretty good for minimal changes to speedometer(-0.03%) or 215/45 R17(-1.45% diff)

Last edited:

OhSoSlow

Reaction score
haha , ihave searched but the thing is , im looking for close to oem.. im only getting stretched tire things and not standards .. im a lost noob yes .. its AT, v6 , current tire size is 205/60/16

OhSoSlow

Reaction score
Thanks, greatly appreciated.. Now off to product review .. Unless you got a brand thats great with treadlife + grip , its gonna be daily driven, not tracked

001Stunna

Reaction score
Thanks, greatly appreciated.. Now off to product review .. Unless you got a brand thats great with treadlife + grip , its gonna be daily driven, not tracked

Does it snow where you live or no? If it does then you need 2 sets and not just one all-season(no season) set. Also prices comes into play a lot too, are you willing to dish out $$$ or on a budget.

Personally i use
General Altimax Arctics for winter(they saved my *** multiple times this past winter)
Falken Z912 for summer(trying them out as a first timer now, but many ive asked reccomended them for the summer)

...both being budget minded tires i'd say.

Check tirerack.com reviews though along with the review section on here.

Back