timing belt kit from tasauto

SpiKeZ

Reaction score
i wanted to start getting the parts needed for my 100k maintenance. i was wondering whats the difference between the 2 kits they have on tasauto? one sells for about 160 and the other goes for 100. im guessing that its because the more expensive one is oem but the other one says vtec so im not sure.

is there anything else i should change while doing the timing belt change besides what they have put together in the kit? (ie gasket or seals)

how hard is it to change the water pump? that vid tutorial on youtube doesnt show it. is it a simple unscrew and replace?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i wanted to start getting the parts needed for my 100k maintenance. i was wondering whats the difference between the 2 kits they have on tasauto? one sells for about 160 and the other goes for 100. im guessing that its because the more expensive one is oem but the other one says vtec so im not sure.

if you read the descriptions on their site, it clearly says one is all OEM Honda parts, and the other is comprised of parts that meet or exceed OEM quality.

personally, i just bought the OEM Honda kit from them.

is there anything else i should change while doing the timing belt change besides what they have put together in the kit? (ie gasket or seals)

maybe just the valve cover gasket.

how hard is it to change the water pump? that vid tutorial on youtube doesnt show it. is it a simple unscrew and replace?

yea, its simple. some coolant will come out tho too, so have something prepared to collect the coolant.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
(noob response here)

Water pump, timing belt, timing belt tensioner(important, cause if it goes out, u can snap a timing belt, and then ur enginge snaps), valve cover gaskets...probably a few other items. I would go thru Majestic-Honda for all of your OEM parts.

....Now, I have the V6 and my understanding is it's about a 2-4 hour job just getting down to the W/P and Timing belt.

I have no idea where the water pump is or how it's done on the 4 banger.

madmech_79

Reaction score
mine is going in wed to get a new timing belt, im replacing the water pump as wellsince it will be apart although there is nothing wrong with it now.

Back