oem motor mounts or duralast(autozone)

HondAccord02

Reaction score
Just noticed my thread was moved.... I dont think motor mounts have anything to do with suspension, wheels or tires. Just my observation.

Hondastylez

Reaction score
How does one check their motor mounts btw?

Turn in on. Pop the hood. Foot on the brake. put it in drive and while pressing on the brake pedal also give it a bit of gas to rev up. Have someone by the engine bay to see if your engine jumps considerably. Do the same thing while in reverse.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^I'll add that the observer should likely not be directly in front of/behind the car. lol

001Stunna

Reaction score
^I'll add that the observer should likely not be directly in front of/behind the car. lol

^rather a critical thing lol unless the car is on a hoist and tires off the ground. Wouldn't want the friend to be inside your bay or under your bumper if the brakes let go somehow.

Well im open to any suggestions I havent searched extensively but i did search enough to find a video on how to replace it(in chinese i think lol) but would i use that 3m window weld like 001 stunna suggested or are there more ways to do it.

Dont beat me up with the search and you will find it, because unless im blind i didnt see anything about motor mount replacement on the diy master list
Are you planning anything for the car? Would you mind any extra vibration inside the cabin due to stiffer mounts?

To fill the front mount you would have to have it off the car, cleaned washed and degreased, taped/covered on one side so the window weld does not leak out and then fill it inside with the window weld material and make sure its packed tightly with no air bubbles. Followed by allowing it to cure until set and hard.

Removing/Installing it is pretty straight forward. Just support the engine with a jack with a block of wood on it so any weight is distributed and not in just one place
78390876.gif

JniG

Reaction score
Turn in on. Pop the hood. Foot on the brake. put it in drive and while pressing on the brake pedal also give it a bit of gas to rev up. Have someone by the engine bay to see if your engine jumps considerably. Do the same thing while in reverse.

But I have a MT :confused:

Back