J32 swap on a F23 engine bay?

vinzor5000

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm pretty new to the forums here, just signed up today. I have a 99 Accord with an F23A1 engine and a 4 speed automatic. I was looking to do a swap with a J32 from a CL Type-S and a 5 or 6 speed manual tranny swap. I've been looking around and I'm wondering how to go about it or even if it can be done.

Thank's in advance.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm pretty new to the forums here, just signed up today. I have a 99 Accord with an F23A1 engine and a 4 speed automatic. I was looking to do a swap with a J32 from a CL Type-S and a 5 or 6 speed manual tranny swap. I've been looking around and I'm wondering how to go about it or even if it can be done.

Thank's in advance.

It can be done, you'll need all the usual parts along with a v6 k-frame.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
it can only be done on a v6 frame?

a v6 k-frame, yes...due to the engine/tranny mounting points. You should be able to find a k-frame at a salvage yard for $100-200 tops, maybe a lot less if you're lucky. Don't confuse an entire car frame with the engine bay k-frame.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Sell the Accord and buy a V6 if you want less of the headache.

You also gain bigger brakes, 5 lugs, leather interior, and less wiring.

This topic has already been discussed so many times, and they all result to the same answer.

It's possible, but don't count on it being easier than having a V6 platform to start with.

juicebox00

Reaction score
You can also sell your car and buy my j32a2 6spd swapped sedan.

vinzor5000

Reaction score
Alright thank's for the help guys.

I've been doing my research on this site and the H22 with a manual tranny would be a better option/easier swap. Build up the engine too.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Can be done but a bigger PITA since the V6 already has many things located/routed in the right place to straight drop in CL-S components. It really would be worth selling yours and getting a V6, then swapping. If you're set on a J swap, that is.

If not, I'd stick to the H series and swap to 5spd. Or build a G.

:beatdeadhorse5:

OldNo7_CG2

Reaction score
If you plan in not running AC and ABS it shouldn't be that hard. Lower front subframe with all the mounts. Motor trans harness ecu, repin lower dash harness. You'd need new PS lines radiator. Prob a lot easier if you just got the v6 accord but if you already have the i4 start looking thru junk yards

Back