weird issue with radio

98vtec5spd

Reaction score
ok so here it is im stumped on this one. i have an Eclipse DVD/ NAV headunit AVN5435 and lately its been loosing power when i put on the turn signal and occasionally will have wavey lines on the screen. any suggestions are appreciated.

metrick1235

Reaction score
ok so here it is im stumped on this one. i have an Eclipse DVD/ NAV headunit AVN5435 and lately its been loosing power when i put on the turn signal and occasionally will have wavey lines on the screen. any suggestions are appreciated.

thats kind of odd issue, 1st i would check all my wiring, did you use a wireing harness or cut your stock one? Make sure you have a really good ground and a Good power wire connection. Also it sounds like maybe a ground short issue Possible from miss wiring maybe.. as far as the wavy part im stumped.. usually if your losing power or a ground short it may dim, or just shut off you might just have a mix of bad radio with a wiring issue..

jcollins6

Reaction score
when i put on the turn signal and occasionally will have wavey lines on the screen.
Did you hook the power wire into the turn signal fuse? Do you mean wavy lines like that scene in american pie wavy lines?

thats kind of odd issue, 1st i would check all my wiring, did you use a wireing harness or cut your stock one? Make sure you have a really good ground and a Good power wire connection. Also it sounds like maybe a ground short issue Possible from miss wiring maybe.. as far as the wavy part im stumped.. usually if your losing power or a ground short it may dim, or just shut off you might just have a mix of bad radio with a wiring issue..
^+1

98vtec5spd

Reaction score
i pulled the radio out yesterday after work and noticed that the plastic clip that goes into the radio was broken dont know how that happened which was causing some loose connections. and no the power was not hooked up to the turn signal fuse. when i was working at Circuit City we wired up the harnes to use the plug and play harnees to hook into the factory connection for the radio

Back