DBO867's 1998 Accord LX 5spd

DBO867

Reaction score
Hey DBO, any pointers on how to wrap the rear bumper in one piece? I've finished the entire car besides the two bumpers. What happens is that the material gets all bunched up at the top near the trunk area of the bumper

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hey, sorry for the late response, but for my bumper i actually had to do it in 3 separate pieces since i didnt have enough wrap lefted over. I ended up using the scraps that i cut off from other parts of the car. But for that area, what i did was laid everything down till i got to the top, which bunched up for me too, but i had a friend heat it up for me while i pulled and flatten it with the squeegee. Post heated afterwards to make sure it wasnt gonna lift since that area required alot of stretching. Sorry in advance if this doesnt help out

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Hey, sorry for the late response, but for my bumper i actually had to do it in 3 separate pieces since i didnt have enough wrap lefted over. I ended up using the scraps that i cut off from other parts of the car. But for that area, what i did was laid everything down till i got to the top, which bunched up for me too, but i had a friend heat it up for me while i pulled and flatten it with the squeegee. Post heated afterwards to make sure it wasnt gonna lift since that area required alot of stretching. Sorry in advance if this doesnt help out
No that's perfect! Do you have any close-ups of the rear bumper?

DBO867

Reaction score
No that's perfect! Do you have any close-ups of the rear bumper?

Not at the moment, i can get some for you later. Just remember, you can use heat to your advantage. Vinyl wrap is very forgiving, itll work with you, just dont overdue the heat and stretch. Youll either burn a hole thru or cause discoloration in the vinyl

Back