Revving at idle

dawg316

Reaction score
coolant bled properly?

sounds like an IACV ( idle air controll valve )
or FITCV ( fast idle thermal controll valve)
dunno if the v6s even run FITCV not too familiar with the J series engines.

but id start there before anything

dawg316

Reaction score
when you take your intake tubeing off do u see 2 wholes in the throtal body in front of the throtal blade. on the throtal body wall not the blade itself ?

Baller

Reaction score
coolant bled properly?

sounds like an IACV ( idle air controll valve )
or FITCV ( fast idle thermal controll valve)
dunno if the v6s even run FITCV not too familiar with the J series engines.

but id start there before anything

Thanks for the reply. I had to, just a few days ago, add a good amount of coolant to the system. I thought I had it bled properly, but it wouldn't be surprising if it wasn't perfect.

About bleeding the system and rev problems; as I'm bleeding the system, how long should it take before the idle goes back to normal? Also, I topped off the coolant system last Fri but the revving just showed up this morning. Does that timing fit?

Baller

Reaction score
when you take your intake tubeing off do u see 2 wholes in the throtal body in front of the throtal blade. on the throtal body wall not the blade itself ?

I'd have to check. I get off work late tonight, but I'll look into this and get back to you.

dawg316

Reaction score
why was your coolant low in the first place?

double check your coolant . most likley its low again.

coolant should never be low , its a sealed system thats pressurized. id be more concerend about that first before your idle problem. but coolant level and air pockets effect idle. looks like you got 2 issues that may be connected

Baller

Reaction score
why was your coolant low in the first place?

double check your coolant . most likley its low again.

coolant should never be low , its a sealed system thats pressurized. id be more concerend about that first before your idle problem. but coolant level and air pockets effect idle. looks like you got 2 issues that may be connected

I'm not sure why it's low, but know it's not a good thing. I only discovered it was low earlier last week when parked and idling, it would spike a temp. It happened one time, I drove home and checked the coolant, which was quite low. I'm going to go pick up a cylinder pressure tester and start to have some real fun.

nathan007

Reaction score
Usually a bouncing idle in my experience is an issue with the iacv, check if it started after adding coolant tough, maybe some air stuck sonewhere

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Have you run the learn cycle yet. You know run it up to 3grand and hold it there until the cooling fans come on, then let it drop to idle. Just a thought.

gmoney94

Reaction score
It might be the IACV, they get dirty over time and don't move properly. Try removing it and cleaning, then reinstall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back