how to turn on anti-theft alarm on 2000 honda accord.

emjhay

Reaction score
Hi,

i think i accidentally turn off the anti-theft alarm on my accord. I was turning on and off the ignition since i was waiting in line for a wash.
the keyless entry works. It locks and unlocks the car and even when i press the alarm button it turns on. The problem is when i locked it and press the keyless twice it does not honk/ beep. The LED does not blink aswell. I check all the lock latches and they are fine. I even locked and unlocked the car with my key. I also test the alarm by locking the car and unlocking it through the window by hand and the alarm did not turn on. If anyone can help me or point point what to do please don't hesitate.

my car is a 2000 honda accord coupe EX

FNCONE

Reaction score
Is your hood locked all the way down (CLOSED)? It wont honk if something is open, I don't believe there is a way to disable the anti-theft. (Other than unlocking it for entering and driving purposes) Double check all doors, hood and trunk. Just shutting of the car does not disable it. In fact shutting if off with the key out should activate the red LED in the radio. Also try locking the drivers door with the key and hold it in the lock position also.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
Trunk, hood, and all four doors must be latched for it to honk. The trunk being closed sometimes doesnt trigger the pin. Check to see if thats it.

Back