New speakers for 2002 Accord Coupe SE

schmiddr2

Reaction score
This is how non car audio forums goes sometimes, no one wants to spend time making sure all the info passed around is accurate. Pioneer sucks, lol. Raw drivers are excellent budget buys, but you probably should explain that it required some form of crossovers to use them in case someone tries to just put them in and attach to their radio.

Turbo5upra

Reaction score
This is how non car audio forums goes sometimes, no one wants to spend time making sure all the info passed around is accurate. Pioneer sucks, lol. Raw drivers are excellent budget buys, but you probably should explain that it required some form of crossovers to use them in case someone tries to just put them in and attach to their radio.

Sorry- thought a crossover was a no brainer! If someone needs help putting a budget build together lmk- glad to help.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
I used Kicker componenets for the front. they were 149.99 and Kicker 6x9 in the rear at 99.99

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_2064CS6934/Kicker-40CS6934.html

Direct drop in.

The doors.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_2064CSS654/Kicker-40CSS654.html

Drilled and cut the panels with a dremel, The crossovers I mounted to the inner harness, and the speakers dropped into the plastic bracket without modification. They screwed right in.

Sound, They power well on the stock radio with the crossover set at 3dB. The sound is crisp, punchy, and an excellent range all the way to the top of the volume range.

They can be run on or off an amp.

I love them, and would buy them again.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
Sorry- thought a crossover was a no brainer! If someone needs help putting a budget build together lmk- glad to help.

I didn't say that right before. I meant this subforum has a problem, many people will give advice based on lots of opinion and less on facts. I appreciate your input here and I agree a crossover should be a no brainer.

JTM

Reaction score
Is there any way I can just get component speakers and use the stock tweeter? I'm not looking for anything too crazy. I have one blown front speaker so I am just looking for something better than stock.

What is the main function of the crossover? To act as an amp?

Like I said above I would really like to get just coaxial speakers and put them in the doors without messing with much else. Is this achievable?

Thanks.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Since this is a budget build of roughly $100, this is what I'd suggest. For your rears, Rockford Fosgate R169X2 (better bass response and won't overpower your vocals up front), and as you suggested, just replace your mid-driver with MTX RTX658 and keep your factory tweeter. This, with shipping, came out to under a $100. Not the greatest build, but budget friendly, great brands, and will fit and work well the amp built into the aftermarket headunit.

JTM

Reaction score
Since this is a budget build of roughly $100, this is what I'd suggest. For your rears, Rockford Fosgate R169X2 (better bass response and won't overpower your vocals up front), and as you suggested, just replace your mid-driver with MTX RTX658 and keep your factory tweeter. This, with shipping, came out to under a $100. Not the greatest build, but budget friendly, great brands, and will fit and work well the amp built into the aftermarket headunit.

Thanks for the response! I was actually willing to spen $100 on just the fronts (for right now). I was looking at these or these ones. What do you think?

Last edited:

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Hmmm, if you are wanting to do just that, I would suggest a decent and affordable set of components. You could try the Rockford Fosgate PRIME R1675-S, which would replace just the factory tweeter and mid with RF stuff, and would only cost you roughly $60 over at Sonic Electronix. Also, trust me when I say this, don't put coaxials in the doors!!! I am suffering right now from it, and the sound quality is just horrible. Granted, you can keep your factory tweeters, it seems to upset the sound stage, and the midbass doesn't seem as crisp. Keep your fronts components, you'll appreciate it in the long run.

Last edited:
Back