Ordered a new deck and I'm back in the audio game

ParisiOT

Reaction score
So I just ordered a Pioneer Avic-X850bt deck and im going to try and set up my sub again but with a tamer, oem kinda feel to it. Instead of the young teenager shake the block base.

Planning on seeing if I can
1. work with fiberglass and 2. find a way to hide/fit my sub in with my spare.

anyone attempt this at all?

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Why not take out the pocket that's designed for the factory CD changer, and fiberglass a box in there? Also, nice choice on deck, not too shabby :favorites13:

Gmoney

Reaction score
I think a member is actually selling a sub enclosure for subs and amps in the spare tire well and everything sits flat it looked cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schmiddr2

Reaction score
I'm selling my fiberglass enclosure:
picture.php

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48033
I have a speaker grill that will come with this as well.

Or you can build your own. It's not that difficult, just make sure each layer adheres properly so there are no air bubbles. This does not mean it's quick, it took me 3 days with curing time.

ParisiOT

Reaction score
Why not take out the pocket that's designed for the factory CD changer, and fiberglass a box in there? Also, nice choice on deck, not too shabby :favorites13:

Thanks bud. Ive thought about that but I would really like to make everything disappear to give it an oem look.

problem with that is I'm going to be hiding a 12" kappa perfect so I'm not sure how much ill have to raise the floor. I'm guessing 2-3"? This will give me space to hide my amps under the raised floor on either side.

Think dropping my rubber trunk mat onto the sub(grill) will shake the mat and make too much noise?

Also, my dad is encouraging me to skip making a sub enclosure and just build a raised floor with weather stripping to support on either side. Says there isn't much of a point and most of the work is the fibreglass.
(I can always build the fibreglass after if I don't like the sound)
(He took acoustics engineering while doing electrical engineering so he's got cred in my books.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Just be sure if you hide your amps that way you allow adequate cooling for them. I wasn't sure if you wanted to keep your spare tire or if you were going to ditch it and just use the area it was in.

Back