Annoying dimming...

EastSideRide

Reaction score
So something thats been "grinding my gears" (lol not for real though that would suck) recently is that my lights love to dim occasionally. If the a/c clicks on the lights all in and out of the car dim for a split second. If I click on the turn signal, the lights dim. If I turn off my headunit and turn it on, the lights dim. etc etc etc....

Its super annoying and I am not sure if anyone else has had this issue and fixed it, or knows how to fix it. My general thought would maybe purchase a high output alternator. But I would rather know for sure what do do about it.

josh352

Reaction score
There's a couple threads on this. The first thing I would do is upgrade the grounding. Check out the big 3 grounding kits

EastSideRide

Reaction score
There's a couple threads on this. The first thing I would do is upgrade the grounding. Check out the big 3 grounding kits

Yea I did some searching and came across some discussion about this issue. But some people had worse issues with lighting so they had different fixes :p

Where are the main grounds that would possibly cause the issue for the v6? I tried to google some kits but I dont know anything about those, nor have I heard of them....

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Search up “big three” and you’ll find what you need to know about the grounding upgrade josh352 mentioned. There’s also a DIY on the master list.

Since you are V6 the 01-03 Oddy alternator is a good upgrade.

EastSideRide

Reaction score
Search up “big three” and you’ll find what you need to know about the grounding upgrade josh352 mentioned. There’s also a DIY on the master list.

Since you are V6 the 01-03 Oddy alternator is a good upgrade.

Thanks Red! I was able to dig out some good info on the topic. I may look into the alternator upgrade though. Seems as though it would be useful anyways.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
I always thought that was normal so I ignored that on my car...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Tapatalk

SykVSyx

Reaction score
There was a really good write-up of the Big 3 upgrade, but I wasn't able to find the thread, it was done some time last summer by one of the Members.

Wildman's thread doesn't have pics and JLane's doesn't have complete pics of all the steps.

EastSideRide

Reaction score
There was a really good write-up of the Big 3 upgrade, but I wasn't able to find the thread, it was done some time last summer by one of the Members.

Wildman's thread doesn't have pics and JLane's doesn't have complete pics of all the steps.

Yea I noticed but I can kinda mentalize a picture lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ujinyuki

Reaction score
6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > The Garage > DIY - Do It Yourself Forum
try that... hope this helps

Back