More Speakers

Turbo5upra

Reaction score
I've got some 7" midbass' in the kicks and I put some 3" dome mids where the OEM tweeter goes with the tweeters molded into the a pillar.

Are the domes flushed? I've been considering a 4" coax in the tweeter location but need to buy a spare dash.

There are several 6th gen builds over on diyma that I know of and most have pretty detailed build logs if that helps the op.

lashlee

Reaction score
any pictures of that setup ?

Yep! 98 Accord install I haven't changed it in quite some time and will be doing the install in my new Accord in next few months. I've been pleased with the results, especially since I tied for 1st place that the MECA world finals in 2008, was national points champ and Tennessee state champion. I am a big fan of a properly set up 3 way and plan on eventually setting one up in the new Accord once some cash gets freed up.

lashlee

Reaction score
Are the domes flushed? I've been considering a 4" coax in the tweeter location but need to buy a spare dash.

There are several 6th gen builds over on diyma that I know of and most have pretty detailed build logs if that helps the op.

Yes they are, and I have a spare dash in the attic if I ever decide to go back to stock. I've got a build log from way back on DIYMA and haven't really changed much since then. Now that I've got the new Accord I'm contemplating getting a little more extreme with the dash. I've always wanted to rebuild a dash and this may be the time to get started! Even if I go through with it I don't see myself changing the drivers, just changing the placement of the mid ranges and tweeters to be at the firewall and aimed at the opposite side.

Turbo5upra

Reaction score
My take after upgrading the drivers in the original locations and 20 mins of phase adjustments and basic crossover settings-

My left leg blocks the midbass which does 2 things... It raises the stage and it makes a bit of a hole in the left of center information- it's very tolerable considering the time I have invested in the install. Height is just above the dash for most music- some male vocals pull down to clock height.

The stage also rainbows about 6" on the right and a foot on the left.

Depth and listening position are better than most cars I've judged.

With 150x4 and sensitive drivers it's loud enough for most.

So what I'm getting at is the car out of the box has solid locations... Replace the oem drivers and add some power along with some processing and you have a car that will satisfy just about anyone.

agginline86

Reaction score
my take after upgrading the drivers in the original locations and 20 mins of phase adjustments and basic crossover settings-

my left leg blocks the midbass which does 2 things... It raises the stage and it makes a bit of a hole in the left of center information- it's very tolerable considering the time i have invested in the install. Height is just above the dash for most music- some male vocals pull down to clock height.

The stage also rainbows about 6" on the right and a foot on the left.

Depth and listening position are better than most cars i've judged.

With 150x4 and sensitive drivers it's loud enough for most.

So what i'm getting at is the car out of the box has solid locations... Replace the oem drivers and add some power along with some processing and you have a car that will satisfy just about anyone.
+1

gt58

Reaction score
put all your money into your front stage and get a high quality 2 or 4 ch amp.

integrate tweeters into your A pilar and get a nice component set. will be loud and sound crisp. delete your 6x9's as they are only hinder some to SQ.

Gmoney

Reaction score
put all your money into your front stage and get a high quality 2 or 4 ch amp.

integrate tweeters into your A pilar and get a nice component set. will be loud and sound crisp. delete your 6x9's as they are only hinder some to SQ.

+1 I would prob get some rear speakers but nothing too expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f20bcg3

Reaction score
Some newer cars come equipped with 6+ speakers. Speakers can be added anywhere you'd want them to be. More in front doors, rear doors, under the dash, rear deck, not sure if it's a Florida thing but, a lot of people here put speakers on the outside of the car!?...not me. You could just add some tweeters. I just went with more expensive speakers for stock locations, plenty sound for mee

Not just a florida thing its here in NC too i actually have some for sale lol o well some lucky fellow with a jacked up cutlass or crown vic might buy all FOUR i have lol

Last edited:

Gmoney

Reaction score
Here in nj they have "chucheros" which are basically the Evs in an enclosure they are loudddd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f20bcg3

Reaction score
If u want more sound u let me know i got a loud horn
vyta3uve.jpg

And
A loud speaker lol
ahemeba4.jpg

Back