how can i tell if i have keyless entry???

justmoddin

Reaction score
I have a 2002 ex sedan with a v6 i want to but a remote for keyless entry but they say to make sure i have a factory keyless entry system installed...how can i do this? thanks 6thgenners!

lashlee

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken all EX's had keyless. I would see if you can track down an old catalog or spec sheet to verify. I think the OEM relay pack is inside the dash on the passenger side. When I would install an aftermarket keyless I would tap onto the unlock and lock wires in the driver's side fuse panel. There should be a grey plug with two wires in it plugged in if you have the OEM version (though I'm 100% on this).

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I agree all EX V6 models should have keyless. Also if you have the security light on the driver door as well, might be an indicator.

Make sure you buy the right remote, I believe it’s FCC ID KOBUTAH2T. There are programming instructions as well.

Gmoney

Reaction score
You guys happen to know if the 02 se sedan had keyless entry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justmoddin

Reaction score
cool yeah it has the security light, so cool im looking forward to being able to just push a button!

lashlee

Reaction score
The SE could go either way. It seems like it would have been included but who knows for sure. I would wait and see if someone with an SE will respond. Like Red stated above if you've got the light on the door panel then it should have been a part of the package from the factory.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
My SE 2000 has it. Test by Locking the car by pushing the knob. Close door sit inside, Pull knob and open. If It goes off, Insert key into door and turn to disable alarm.

Gmoney

Reaction score
Thanks I'll try that tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back