New head unit help:(

Angelito

Reaction score
Hey guys well ive tried searching up the forum and i haven't been able to find anything on this i apologize if it is. I received a new stereo well its actually used but new to my car it is a soundstorm sd435b i was going to get something more high quality but i figured since it was given to me for free so why not. So i purchased the wiring harness and wired away when i plugged in the stereo everything worked perfectly fine i played my music both through bluetooth and the audio cable it worked fine for maybe 5 minutes after a few minutes the music started to play distorted and the music was raspy it seems to start to loose power. I unplugged it and plugged it back in it did the same thing i do have a mono amp also installed im not sure if it has anything to do with the amount of power the stereo can grab from the battery but i am completely lost on what this could be i know my speakers are fine because they played fine with the original head unit. Lastly to make it worse my check engine light went on i havent done my oil change so it may have nothing to do with it but i hope you guys could help me at least with the distortion i know this forum is really good at responding back with help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelito

Reaction score
I havent checked the engine code yet im going to check the wiring on the stereo if it still doesnt work than i guess its trash although my friend said it worked fine in his car.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
The wiring of the radio, if you really just did a metra integration harness, has absolutely no business being able to throw a check engine light.

Angelito

Reaction score
The check engine light code was 0700 i did remove a fuse while the key was on acc this was to test for a revers camera cable so that might of triggered it i cleared the code if it comes on again ima take it to the shop i doubt it has anything to do with the stereo tho i also forgot to menition it does heat up a good amount maybe valet is right its a bad stereo

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Want my advice? Ditch the Soundstorm, it is more than likely causing your horrible stereo issues. The check engine light, that I believe has something to do with your transmission, so I don't think your stereo install played any part in it coming on...

Back