Shock and spring combo?

phi1542

Reaction score
Is there a shock and spring combo to eliminate wheel gap or majority of the gap but rides like stock or close to it? Or what's the most comfortable? I just don't want to hear a Big Bang when ever I pass over a small bump like my F2 type 1s. Thanks haha

xci.ed6

Reaction score
H&R Race

lowered a lot, rode nice.

edit: on stock shocks, I like Honda. Lasted ~2yr (150K OEM, 50k lowered?) no prob, then tried aftermarket, lasted ~6mo (15k lowered)

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score
H&R Race

lowered a lot, rode nice.

edit: on stock shocks, I like Honda. Lasted ~2yr (150K OEM, 50k lowered?) no prob, then tried aftermarket, lasted ~6mo (15k lowered)

I like those springs too haha that was my original setup on stock shocks. After market shocks won't last as long? I was thinking H&R race springs on like Koni yellows since I hear those are like the best shocks. It was bumpy though... Similar to my coilovers. Is that due to stock shocks? Will yellows bring more comfort to the ride?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
IDK

I don't like adjustable dampening, there's only one correct setting.

The spring should handle all compression, the shock should do rebound ONLY doing it slow enough it won't bounce back.

Also, I went cheapo Advance Auto aftermarket, not 'special' ones, but I expect roughly the same build quality.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
before i switched to full coilovers i used tokico illuminas. they were pretty good and i have no complaints with them. there are better full coilovers out there other than function and form though, if you still wanted to stick with coilovers. function and form are complete trash and i had to learn that the hard way as well, unfortunately.

phi1542

Reaction score
I see. Yeah I heard tokiko illumina and Koni yellows are like the best. Paired with H&R race springs which would be more comfortable? What's the most comfortable coilovers? I'm not looking for slammed. I'm looking more for functionality and comfort haha leaving the stance game lol

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Yeah...I guess my pov may be off.

The accord rides nice, so does the 599, so does the gl with cb650 rear shocks, the cb360 re-fit with 2" taller shocks designed for a bike twice the size is a bit 'rough', but not bad...a caddy-style-wave-machine rides like ****, you feel 'disconnected'

in my opinion, lol.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i've never had them, but from what i've heard tein's usually are a little on the softer side, so they'd probably be the most comfortable coilover you could get. i really liked the ksports i had because they handled well and were a bit on the stiffer side of things, but i tend to like a stiffer suspension as well.

Back