**Requesting DIY: Tailights replacement**

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
I have search the forum and I see diy threads for headlights but I don't see anything for tailights. I am looking for a diy to replace the tailights, I am going to switch my oem tailights to the red/clear jdm tailights. Any recommendation would help. Thanks.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I'll make one for you, even though it's as easy as 3 or 4 nuts, but I have a sedan. You have coupe or sedan? The lights on our cars are plug and play man, you shouldn't even need a DIY really, but if you have a sedan, and you really need one, I'll take the time to help you.

eggs

Reaction score
i would but its snowing right now and my car is covered you have to pull back the carpet to get to the outside tail lights and the ones in the trunk you have the bolts on the inside for the truck when its up

idk if that helps but its a general idea

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
1. Remove any plastic clips needed to get the trunk carpet out of the way
2. Pull trunk carpet away from work area on either side
3. Unplug all bulb harnesses
4. Remove nuts from backside of housing (4 on each side for coupe, but you have a sedan so there is probably a couple more)
5. Slowly pull housing out from outside of car

Installation is opposite.

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
I'll make one for you, even though it's as easy as 3 or 4 nuts, but I have a sedan. You have coupe or sedan? The lights on our cars are plug and play man, you shouldn't even need a DIY really, but if you have a sedan, and you really need one, I'll take the time to help you.

I have a sedan. I am able to get the corner pieces off but the trunk piece is what I am not familar with. Is there a special tool I'll have to use to take those pieces off? Pictures?

Badook

Reaction score
I have a sedan. I am able to get the corner pieces off but the trunk piece is what I am not familar with. Is there a special tool I'll have to use to take those pieces off? Pictures?

I believe the only special tool you need is an 8mm socket and open end wrench if needed.... 8 or 6 mm

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
The inner pieces come off very easily, the 8mm nuts are on the outer edge of the inner lights. The inner edge is held on by a plastic clip that slides the light out. Be careful so you don't break that clip. Good luck.

jdm00accord

Reaction score
should be a very simple thing to do. just look under the lining in your trunk and you should be able to figure it out.

Back