I'm back guys with bad/good news ad a new engine build thread

demon5spd

Reaction score
Hey guys whats going on i just got back from my 6 month deployment in iraq and i'm tired of the sandbox.

Ok but back to bussiness last time i posted was about 2 weeks before i left and i just had the accord dyno at 301whp.

Well i got back about a month ago and decided to get the accord out of the garage and take it to the track to see what my numbers were still and to let it strech it legs.

Well sadly during the third run of the night just about midway down the track the low oil pressure light came on followed by a jackhammer noise i the engine bay and the #3 rod making a nice hole in the block but oddly enough it kept on running so i could get it on the trailer. :furious:.

luckliy i did get one good run out of the car and got 12.12 @ 117mph :beer:

So fast foward to about 2 weeks ago i got a couple of my friends over with plenty of beer and decided to tear down the enigne to find out what happened.

Well after about 3 hours we found the problem the oil pump had pretty muh grenaded itself porbally due to the fact hondata ecu has been tuned for a 7,800 rpm redline and the oil pump most likely couldn't keep up with the increase in rpm's and oil demand.

Well now back to present day i decided to splurge and buy a used f23 from the salvage yard and tore it down and bought new CP pistons and Crowler rods :) along with arp head studs and 4 layer head gasket along with new goodies and parts from the old f23 like the intake and header and what not.

Well as of yesterday the accord is back and running sadly i messed up when installing the connectors and put the engine coolant temp sensor plug on the vtec pressure sensor since they both will fit on either sensor lol.

But after about a hour i fixed that :thumbsup:

Well the car is runing a little rich with the new combo and engine goodies so monday i'm taking to the dyno to get the ecu retuned for the new setup hehe.

But even with the engine running rich the car is extremely scary to drive hehe.

Well i'll post pics that i took during the build progress and what was left of the old engine and pics of the new goodies.

With this setup i'm hopeing for around 350-375 whp and mid to low 11's hopefully well see. :)

Well to bring you guys up to speed here's my old dyno from last year with the old setup.

accorddyno.jpg

xluben

Reaction score
demon5spd said:
Well now back to present day i decided to splurge and buy a used f23 from the salvage yard
if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you?

demon5spd said:
With this setup i'm hopeing for around 350-375 whp and mid to low 11's hopefully well see. :)
i don't think i was registered when you posted before, but i seem to be missing something:

f23 + ??? = 350whp

??? = turbo, spray :confused:

whatever it is, that's a ton of power and i'm sure it really fun to drive!

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
welcome back man, hope everything is running great.

thanks for spending 6 months in that hell hole for the rest of us too :beer:

demon5spd

Reaction score
xluben said:
if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you?

i don't think i was registered when you posted before, but i seem to be missing something:

f23 + ??? = 350whp

??? = turbo, spray :confused:

whatever it is, that's a ton of power and i'm sure it really fun to drive!

To anwser the first question there's united auto recyclers right down the street from me which is pretty much a salvage yard just with everything organized lol, but they have about 10-15 f23's in stock for $300 which is why i love the motor becuase there so cheap but very dependable.

As for what else i have to make that much power i have a nicely modified f23 i'll have to remeber everything if you want to know what i'll i have, plus i have a zex wet nitrous kit running a 75shot i've had the kit for about 4 years now and love it and so you know a f23 with intake header and exhaust can run a 75 shot safely for years. :)

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
:rock: Hmmm.... such a nice car... you'll be on top for now... and then I'll be on top :driving: ...

skabone

Reaction score
so pretty much rods/rings/pistons and nitrious? I'm curious what your putting down for power with just the new internals.
I feel you on the cheap F23s, I had to replace my engine 2 times and you can get them for such cheap money.

demon5spd

Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
wow, great time on the 1/4 mile... and no turbo too :eek:

Yes sadly i have not went turbo (YET) :)

I have started gathering a few things to get ready for a turbo i.e. intercooler, boost gauge and what not the only things holding me back right now are having the parts custom made.

There's a guy in town that is going to make me a turbo manifold with a t3/t4 flange, he does a really good job but he's used to doing civic and integras so i brung him a exhaust manifold gasket so he can get a flange made and then when i get the time i have to bring my car to him for a couple days so he can take measurement and test fit it.

But yeah eventually it will be turbo just not sure how far away it is from getting done.

xluben

Reaction score
demon5spd said:
To anwser the first question there's united auto recyclers right down the street from me which is pretty much a salvage yard just with everything organized lol, but they have about 10-15 f23's in stock for $300 which is why i love the motor becuase there so cheap but very dependable.

As for what else i have to make that much power i have a nicely modified f23 i'll have to remeber everything if you want to know what i'll i have, plus i have a zex wet nitrous kit running a 75shot i've had the kit for about 4 years now and love it and so you know a f23 with intake header and exhaust can run a 75 shot safely for years. :)
that's how much i paid for my engine when i swapped. only 35k miles, f23's are cheap!

nice power/time for an NA build with nitrous!

Back