ulev exaust mani

yellowfever

Reaction score
I have an f23a4 and after some searching i read that the difference is in the exaust manifold and the ecu? so i wanted to know if that ment that the header or the exaust ports are any different so that for example a generic 6thgen performance header wouldnt fit?

theaccordian

Reaction score
only the manifold is different, the ports are the same, all headers are universal for the 6th gen regardless of year.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Although, the wiring diagrams appear different in the ULEV as opposed to the standard LEV Accords. I haven't really dived into it to find the exact differences, if they're are any.

demon5spd

Reaction score
do help you out there only a few differences in ulev and lev and here they are.

1. Ulev has a different exhaust manifold.

2. the ecu is designed for a wideband o2 sensor

3. the ulev use's a wideband o2 sensor instead of a regular o2 sensor in the lev accord.

4. The ulev has a better catalytic convertor to help with emmisions

theaccordian

Reaction score
^^^

damn thats sticky material.

im tired of that damn "whats the difference between lev and ulev?" question.

demon5spd

Reaction score
yeah i work at a local honda dealership and decided to sit down and figure it out one day lol.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
wideband o2 sensors? :thinking: i sell o2 sensors and i can reassure u that they all use the same sensors..... only difference would be the wire length... and if i'm not wrong, ULEV and SULEV have 3 sensors instead of 2 (off the top of my head)

demon5spd

Reaction score
wideband o2 sensors? :thinking: i sell o2 sensors and i can reassure u that they all use the same sensors..... only difference would be the wire length... and if i'm not wrong, ULEV and SULEV have 3 sensors instead of 2 (off the top of my head)

Nah my accord is a ULEV accord is only has two sensors if you go to a local auto parts store 9 out of 10 times they will always sell you the wrong sensor it's happen to many tons of times but if you do your research you'll see that ulev o2 sensors are widebands here's a link to what i mean.

Here's a link to autozone's website if you see the first sensor you'll see under note's that the wire is a o.e. 4 wire WIDEBAND sensor and the one under it is for a f23a1 or f23a5 and is just a plain 4 wire heated sensor and it's 20 bucks cheaper so the f23a4 uses a wideband o2 sensor the car will run and most likely will not set a code but it's in no way running at it's full potential with out a proper wideband o2 sensor in it.

http://www.autozone.com/N,16100117/shopping/partTypeResultSet.htm

Oh and NEVER use the universal o2 sensors they sell at the auto parts store they'll say it the right one but it's not a wideband and it's the wrong one.

And there normally about 30 bucks more.

Last edited:
Back