ulev exaust mani

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
uuhh... wideband o2 sensors are still very rare in the marketplace.... it's a new market o2 sensor makers are trying to tap into for 2 reasons.... tuners are getting crazier and a wideband o2 sensor is something that no many tuners actually think abt... and 2, for factory cars, some are switching over to wideband for higher efficiency...

besides, wideband o2 sensors require the need of certain gauges tht do not come with stock cars...

btw, i dun see the WIDEBAND in the notes section as u stated... ;)

demon5spd

Reaction score
uuhh... wideband o2 sensors are still very rare in the marketplace.... it's a new market o2 sensor makers are trying to tap into for 2 reasons.... tuners are getting crazier and a wideband o2 sensor is something that no many tuners actually think abt... and 2, for factory cars, some are switching over to wideband for higher efficiency...

besides, wideband o2 sensors require the need of certain gauges tht do not come with stock cars...

btw, i dun see the WIDEBAND in the notes section as u stated... ;)

sorry about that but they are wideband i messed up the link last time it was showing a 1994 prelude here's for a 2000 accord and yes under the first sensor in notes it says WIDEBAND

AND no only aftermarket wideband setups require certain gauges and plenty of cars use widebands stock now.

http://www.autozone.com/N,16100117/shopping/partTypeResultSet.htm

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
^^tht's what i'm saying... many NEWER cars are starting to use them, but only in the last year or so...

and btw, link still doesn't show wideband :p

demon5spd

Reaction score
And here's some more information about the accord ULEV system it's actually a huge difference between a ulev accord and a regular ULEV accord.

PRECISE AIR-FUEL CONTROL
The ULEV engine-programmed fuel-injection system is an adaptive type that uses a new 32-bit microprocessor Powertrain Control Module (PCM) with the capability to monitor and control the air-fuel ratio in each individual cylinder. In addition to the normal sensor inputs, such as throttle position, coolant temperature, air temperature, etc., the ULEV engine has two air-fuel ratio sensors: a linear air-fuel sensor in the exhaust manifold and a stoichiometric sensor between the front and rear beds of the underfloor catalytic converter.

The ULEV engine PCM can also compensate for mixture inaccuracies caused by fuel-droplet adhesion to the intake port walls during cold start-up (a major reason for a high level of unburned hydrocarbons during the warm-up cycle).

The ULEV fuel-injection system also utilizes the precise EGR control provided by the Accord engine's electronic EGR valve.

demon5spd

Reaction score
and i just clicked on the link and right under the first o2 sensor it shows which is a bosch o2 sensor under it it says note's 4 wire o.e. type WIDEBAND

demon5spd

Reaction score
And here's some info about the ulev accord using a different catalytic convertor then the standard accord.

HIGH-EFFICIENCY CATALYST
The ULEV Accord engine uses a 1.7-liter, high-efficiency catalyst. The catalyst is located under the floor and uses a substrate with a higher Palladium content and modified precious-metal layering. The cell number was increased to 600 cells per square inch for faster lightoff, while providing more surface area to convert hydrocarbons.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
^^ the ability to control a/F ratio is by the ECU/ PCM.... the sensors are there only to aid the ECU, and a wideband would be better... but does not necessarily mean tht ONLY a wideband can control the a/f ratio

i dunno why the bosch o2 sensor is listed as wideband... most widebands go for well over $150... 1 wire, 2 wire, 4 wire just means more signals are sent... newer cars would usually use 4 wire sensors, but does not necessarily mean tht a 4 wire sensor is wideband... good debate tho :thumbsup:

yellowfever

Reaction score
So given you have aftermarket headers and exhaust the ulev is better than the lev? And would removing the EGR system be wise?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
why take out the EGR system when u're OBD2? :thinking:

EGR helps with gas efficiency, so no point in taking it out unless if u go OBD1 where EGR is not even needed

yellowfever

Reaction score
why take out the EGR system when u're OBD2? :thinking:

EGR helps with gas efficiency, so no point in taking it out unless if u go OBD1 where EGR is not even needed

i dunno an egr system doesnt make sence to me, we go through all the trouble to take in the coolest possible air and it just gets heated up anyway.
:confused:

Back