Axles and LSD

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
Lets say theoreticaly I was building and F23 engine to make... o lets say... 350-400whp... will upgraded axles be needed? if so what kind? suggestions?

Second question theoretically speaking if I need to make both wheels spin.. I will need an LSD... does anyone know of one for our car? and is it reliable...

Thanks for all comments.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
alright i have already looked at this because i am building my f23 right now and am going to have about 400whp, so i have looked into axles and things like that

1. i've heard plenty of people going with checker axles b/c of lifetime warranty and just keep replacing them, but if your already spending that much money on the motor, might as well make sure nothing breaks at the track or anywhere else.

driveshaftshop.com does sell axles specifically for our car that are designed for up to 500whp, i dont know of many other name brands off the top of my head

2. ive heard such things as the quaife ABS diff being able to fit into the f23 tranny, but don't take my word on it, i rememeber reading that several times but im not positive, but i know there is a way somehow to get one in our tranny

i hope that helps

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
im goin with the driveshaft shop level 2.9 axles, rated to 600whp and with my h23 tranny will be a quiafe lsd

axles .... $800
lsd .... $900
knowing u will get traction without breaking ur axles .... priceless

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Look into the OBX LSD as well, only $400 and several guys on H-T are running it at the track and have yet to break one.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Well, a LSD is great. And you can't compare a factory to say a quaife. It will be more effective but much more agressive as well (well, i assume so from other cars). As for axles, i'd just wait till you break one, go from their.

Back