Car won't start!

cliffsta

Reaction score
Can AutoZone check the starter with the starter in the car? I'm seriously thinking that's what it is, or a switch. Cause it either works 100% or not at all. If the starter is going bad, would it start funny? When the car starts, its VROOM like normal, but if it doesn't, its one loud click... that's why I think its not the NSS but either the starter itself or a part OF the starter...

Its not the battery; that's brand new. I gave it a full tune up in October (cap, rotor, plugs, wires, battery) so I know its none of that.

How hard is it to change the starter? Like I said... no lift or hoist.

EDIT: According to the Hayne's manual, the starter isn't TOO hard to reach... do I really need to take off the lower radiator hose? Sorry its dark out and I have to be at work in 8 hours so I can't go tear into it RIGHT now. Let's all cross our fingers it works in the morning to get me to the job...

Last edited:

chriskarel

Reaction score
Just an FYI, when my starter went, it was intermittent at first. It would start sometimes, sometimes not. Then one day, it wouldn't start at all. It sounds like that is what happened to you.

Back