Car turns off while driving

soobi

Reaction score
hey guys, i have 99 accord ex coupe 4cyl manual. the car was running fine until recently, it started making whining noise, i think it has something to do with synchro, also when i start it sometimes it idles really low around 300-500 and feels like its about to stall but then i jus press on gas for a bit and its seems okay. last night i was driving and i was reving about 3000 on 3rd gear and for some reason the rpms dropped and car start slowing down, i press on gas it wouldnt do anything, the car didn stall right away but once it was slow enough aroudn 5-10km/h it turned off and woudlnt start for another 2-3 mins. please help me out here i need my car for work asap.
thx

soobi

Reaction score
ye i checked it, there seems to be a minor leak. what do you say about the whinning sound, i know it not altenator or bearings got them checked and they are pretty new. vaccum leak maybe?

Emo236e

Reaction score
What has a minor leak???

Can you locate where the whinning sound is coming from? You can use a screwdriver as a stethoscope if it'd help pinpoint the sound. It's hard to know what kind of whinning sound you're speaking about.

soobi

Reaction score
What has a minor leak???

Can you locate where the whinning sound is coming from? You can use a screwdriver as a stethoscope if it'd help pinpoint the sound. It's hard to know what kind of whinning sound you're speaking about.

theres a leak in fuel pump, but very minor like one drop a month or so.
i dun know how to describe the sound properly, it sounds like cranking a fishing rod. I really tried to figure out the problem myself and i dun have enough time to spend on it. i might just bring it to a shop and have them figure it.

Back