New ignition, turns over but won't start

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
double check everything you disconnected, you could have forgot somethin, ****s happened to me so many times.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Take ur plugs out, attach them to the wires. Now rest the plugs tips on ur heat shield so they are touching the metal. Now get an aligator clip and attach it to the heat shield, with a wire on the other, attach it somewhere to the the chassis of the car under a screw, bolt whatever

Your trying to provide ground for the spark plugs because ur going to do a bench spark test to see if ur getting spark on all plugs. Now have a friend turn the engine over, if u got spark u should see all the plugs spark in uniform order.

Another thing to make sure is ur wires on the cap are in their correct firing order. Make sure u dont mix up where u plug them into the cap or else ull get spark but not at the right cylinder stroke.

If u dont have spark and u have verified the firing order on the distributor cap, then make sure ur getting power through ur ignition wire with a DMM.

I seriously doubt its the ignition coil, if u must test it. It should read no more than 16ish ohms. Anything more means trash.

Oh ya, goodluck and ur welcome

tharrison09

Reaction score
You replaced the whole ignition switch? As in on the steering column? Did it come with a new key? If so, it needs to be programed to you ecu. Does the Green key light flash on the dash when you try to start it? If so then that's the problem.

Thats exactly it! now how do I program the new ignition to the ecu?????

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Ohhhhh. You did the whole ignition you'll have to have the new key programmed for sure. I thought you were talking about the switch.

shrek78

Reaction score
sorry to tell you

you did all that for no reason the problem is your main relay this exact thing happen to me and i did all the things you did change the ingintion coil and all so yea it is a brown box under the dash board of the car it is hold by a bold this no need to unattach all that all you need to do is take off that box and plug in the new main relay wont take more than 3 min i promise

Back