tranny popping out of gear?

BkzTafetta

Reaction score
yup same happened here but im curious.....when this happened to mine, the CEL was showing SHIFT SOLENOID SENSOR....has anybody ever tried replacing this sensor and seeing if it fixes the prob....i was gonna try it but just did the 5 spd swap....

Smok3o3

Reaction score
Im in the same boat right now. I messed with the solenoid and got it running it wouldnt even go anywhere before. but now its jerking on hot days for my car.

Isnt there a different tranny that would fit onto the f23?

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
I've had this same thing happen to me a couple times. While driving it seems to just shift itself to neutral and rev really high then pop back in gear. Lucky me though it has only happened twice and my car is still running fine. Now that I look back at it, it hasn't done that since i got my car dropped. Maybe that is the solution?

swsw

Reaction score
Do these transmission problems happen mostly with the V6 ? Do the 2.3L I4 get these problems too ?

jwong512

Reaction score
Do these transmission problems happen mostly with the V6 ? Do the 2.3L I4 get these problems too ?

The 4 cylinders get these problems too but they are less prone to them. The V6's are most notorious for having their automatic transmissions fail constantly.

Accordman722

Reaction score
Yeah your tranny is gone,That is a common problem for the automatics in that year.

Bsqueeze

Reaction score
my tranny was going this past summer, it would slip out of gear and the abs and cel would come on, then it would pop back in real quick... i replaced it with a new tranny, had about 97k when it went, i was pissed... mine is a 99 4cyl auto btw

cyclones714

Reaction score
hello everybody i own a 01 v6 and car has had a bad tranny for a while the usual staying in gear slipping so on. a few days ago i was driving car got stuck in 2nd gear all lights flashed so i turned it of and on but now the tcs stays on and car wont rev past 3500 rpm parked or driving. if you keep the rpm low car will get up to 80 plus mph but if you punch it once it hits 3500 rev limiter kicks in. ive seen a few post saying oil change amd clean the vtec solonoid. i will do that tomorrow and see it helps. any other idead would help me out. thanks

Back