Redlinevtecs urgent car accident attorney issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is pretty urgent since I have to send some important forms in to my attorney asap. Please read carefully. I really need some advice guys. No smart *** kids allowed. This is my life here. I have a metal plate in my back from this accident. I wasn't one of those fortunate people who was able to walk away from this accident.

Long story short, I was in a car accident in December of 2010. I got an attorney because the other party were those type of people who say it's your fault and not theirs. (They were found 100% at fault)

It's been a little over a year and my attorney told me last Wednesday or Thursday I had two options. One was take the settlement amount for x amount of dollars and walk away signing a waiver stating I would leave the other party alone OR take the case to court and she will fight the insurance company (Geico) in arbitration and try to get more money. That could take a year and a half or more. I said f**k that.

I decided to settle the case for the amount the insurance company offered. My attorney told me I would receive x amount of dollars after all my medical bills were paid for and her contingency fee.

My wife called Monday and spoke to our attorneys paralegal and asked to have our take home settlement amounts in writing. The paralegal said she would have our attorney email/fax something over saying we were going to get this amount of take home money after everything was paid for.

This was said Monday, and I still have not received a statement from my attorney about our take home settlement amount. Yet, they are telling me to hurry up and get the form notarized and mailed so the check can be released from the insurance company. I'm afraid if I don't get that form in writing about how much we will get after everything is paid for, they might pull a "Oh, this was all that was left over after paying your bills, the doctors didn't accept our lesser amount". Quick example. I owe 10k in medical bills and they will submit 7k to the doctors because there's not enough to go around. And I'm afraid that will happen. Since that is my case here.

I don't want to get on my attorneys bad side, but at the same time that paralegal is a b***h. I called today at 11am, and the paralegal never called me back after I left a voicemail. So should i call tomorrow? I need that form asap from my attorney or I won't send the waiver to release the check. Yet their telling me its crucial we get that waiver to the insurance or they can change their mind. If I keep calling the paralegal or attorney, I'm afraid I'm going to piss them off. But at the same time, I know I'm not the only client. But when they say their going to send something over I expect it to be sent.

*sigh* If you actually read this, I would appreciate what you would do in my situation. I'm not sure if I should call my attorney tomorrow or the b***h paralegal.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
i would keep calling until **** got done. either that, or find out where she lives and just show up and be like" *****, WHERE MY ****" or something along those lines

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't trust them. I would get it in writing first before you sign anything. Very unlikely that if your medical bill is $10k that they will settle for $7k. GL

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Don't trust them. I would get it in writing first before you sign anything. Very unlikely that if your medical bill is $10k that they will settle for $7k. GL

Yeah dude, seriously. Can't even trust my own attorney. Now I know why people hate lawyers. In most cases my attorney said the doctors will accept the lesser amount then what the given balance is. So they may or they may not. The paralegal told my wife "If we have to, we will make adjustments with our fee's to pay out what we told you. Even if we have to take a loss. And you wouldn't receive any less then what was offered". OK?! So I want that in writing. So I guess I'll call again tomorrow. Sketchy...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I don't know the etiquette of whether this part of the business exchange is best on the end of the attorney or paralegal. But definitely call one of them, how long can it take? You have every right to expect them to do their job, and they should be attentive to the timeline.

redlinevtec

Reaction score
I don't know the etiquette of whether this part of the business exchange is best on the end of the attorney or paralegal. But definitely call one of them, how long can it take? You have every right to expect them to do their job, and they should be attentive to the timeline.

Yeah, I agree with you 100%. 40% for not returning my calls.

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is pretty urgent since ... would appreciate what you would do in my situation. I'm not sure if I should call my attorney tomorrow or the b***h paralegal.

Show up TO the attorney's office with a pen and what you need signed.

Tell them you'll sign once they prove what you're going to get. That simple.

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
get it all in writing first. otherwise, don't submit anything regardless of how "urgent" it is that they get what they need.

if they don't provide anything, then go for the long drawn out case just to piss off your lawyers and the other people's lawyers, lol :evil:

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Bottom line
Stay on top of them.
DONT SIGN ANYTHING until you get some type of notice in writing from your lawyers office.
ALso, next time you call RECORD THE CONVERSATION.
Whether you're speaking with the paralegal, attorney, or just leaving a voicemail. Make sure you record the next conversation.
If you leave a message make sure you state the time & date you are leaving the message

You can say something like;
Hello this is Eric. the time is 2:25PM on the date of 3/3/2011.
This is the 3rd (or whatever) message I'm leaving with you request in writing my take home settlement. This message has been recorded.

And leave it at that.
I'm sure you will hear from them shortly....

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back