radiator leaking somewhere

Vomit_Comit

Reaction score
recently i replaced my radiator because it exploded when i was driving it and last night i was in the parking lot and my car was in d4 with the parking brake on and all the sudden all my anti freezed leadked out and when i got home i put water in it and it was leaking somewhere and this morning i took the fans out to see if it was the bottom hose and it looked normal then i filled it with water again and turned it on and i drove around for about 15min and nothing happend, no leak, no over heating. im not sure what happend but i dont want it to happen again because i drive to school and spring break is coming up and i wanna drive my car around and no ride with friends lol, please help thanks russell

makdaddy

Reaction score
First check make sure it was not just overflowing from the resevior. Then check n see if your heat is working in ur car. then check the heater hoses n make sure no leak there. After all that is done bleed the system n make sure no air is in the system.

Vomit_Comit

Reaction score
the resevior is the little white retainer next to the battery?
it was working at first then eventually it got cooler and colder as i kept driving home
im not sure where the heater hoses are?
and how do you bleed the system? like turn the car on and let it cycle and keep putting fuid in it, i had the cap on it and it was flowing out like crazy
and how do i make sure theres no fluid in the system

makdaddy

Reaction score
yes its the white thing. heater hoses and on the transmission side its the only hoses leading into the car. Just start the car till its hot, turn off and leave cap off and fill with coolant n repeat. but it sounds like u just had air in the system

Vomit_Comit

Reaction score
like take the cap off when i turn it on to let it warm up? or keep taking it off when i put more fluid in it? and having air in the system will make it leak antifreeze? but from where

makdaddy

Reaction score
like take the cap off when i turn it on to let it warm up? or keep taking it off when i put more fluid in it? and having air in the system will make it leak antifreeze? but from where

Just leave the cap off the whole time. Warm it up and to hot then turn it off to cool and repeat it. Add coolant when needed. Yes because u have air in the system usually overflows into the reservoir unless u have a leak somewhere else

Fuzz

Reaction score
Don't let the car get hot - then take off the cap - because the pressure that the system builds - especially if there is air - it just turns to steam and you will get BURNED if your not careful and using rags / gloves / something resistant to a lot a heat!

DYI Bleeding at Home.

Jack up the front of the car, or park on an inclined road / driveway. Take off the Cap (Carefully if engine is hot). Start car - pour in coolant / water / chocolate milk / orange juice.

Keep the spout topped up, eventually it will start to flow out, and the rad fans will turn on. At that point, as the coolant cools keep adding and then throw the cap on.

Make sure you have Coolant in the plastic res.... Presto all done.

Vomit_Comit

Reaction score
I had the cap off last night and it was shooting out every time it cycled and more was coming out than I was putting in

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
sounds like somebody didn't bleed the system.... remove the radiator cap, run the car, and u'll see bubbles coming out.. add coolant and keep watching out for bubbles.. after a while, u'll see the coolant flowing... check the top hose and see if it's warm.. if it is, it's circulating and u're done

are u sure there's no leaks? It should be pretty easy to spot if there is one...

Vomit_Comit

Reaction score
I've berms driving it today with no leaks. I'm about to bleed it but I'm wondering where UT leaked out in the first place

Back