Overheat/boil over problem

MikeyMike

Reaction score
well im waiting for a new radiator cap to come from mishimoto... and then im going to flush the cooling system, for not its sitting home caz i need my AC lol

Chris Vu

Reaction score
thats strange .. for me, i overheat when idlingol. my fan doesnt turn on when it heats up. the fan works when hooked up to the battery, but wont turn on when im overheating .. sigh .. i tsted the relay and its fine, and got a new thermostat. i never have my ac on tho .. so im pretty sure we dont have the same problem right ?

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
thats strange .. for me, i overheat when idlingol. my fan doesnt turn on when it heats up. the fan works when hooked up to the battery, but wont turn on when im overheating .. sigh .. i tsted the relay and its fine, and got a new thermostat. i never have my ac on tho .. so im pretty sure we dont have the same problem right ?

Nope....Mike has an A/C issue (99% sure it's a condenser issue).

You sir, have a fan issue. The reason the car heats up when you're sitting still is because there is no air flowing through the radiator and the fan is supposed to kick on when the car heats up to push air through the rad to cool the engine down.

I would try replacing your fan, or try wiring it up to the AC compressor so when you turn the A/C on the fan also turns on.

MikeyMike

Reaction score

fan switch

MikeyMike

Reaction score
would that require the use of a relay ? or can i just put an i/o switch on the cold wire?
i suck at understanding relays haha.

if they work with direct power, and you tested the relay and its good... get the fan switch... its what triggers the fan to kick on

get the mugen one so it comes on sooner aka at a lower temp

MikeyMike

Reaction score
so here we are 2 weeks later.

radiator cap came on monday, i didnt get a chance to put in on til today...

so i changed the cap... turned the climate all the way to hot and max fan, and re bled the system, AGAIN..... drove around 15 min with the A/C on full blast.. was absolutely perfect... fans turning on...

5 blocks from the house i made a turn and looked down... the gauge had went up to just over half( which is hot for my car ) my car runs at a lil below 1/2 with the mugen thermostat and fanswitch. as i proceeded, it went up more, and more until it got to 3/4 hot.. i hit the off button on the climate control and it instantly started to drop... by the time i got to the front door it was normal temp. i opened the hood and both hoses are solid and burning so i know the thermostat is opening

next is a coolant flush which i cant do today.... after then is a baseball bat because im getting frustrated

MikeyMike

Reaction score
im starting to possibly think that the AC compressor is shot... maybe it is sticking and when it sticks it puts too much load on the engine??

ughhh

Back