Painting Jeep fender flares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millz

Reaction score
might as well put my input into this...

try plasti-dip? do it, cheap and comes off easy. saves you buying new jeep flares
dont know why anyone didnt suggest this (maybe they did i skimmed through the thread)

shavedaccord

Reaction score
uh, why the **** is this in the urgent forum :ughrun:

its just paint on some plastic, not an urgent issue whatsoever

anyways... lol

might as well put my input into this...

try plasti-dip? do it, cheap and comes off easy. saves you buying new jeep flares
dont know why anyone didnt suggest this (maybe they did i skimmed through the thread)
It was in the urgent forum because I needed urgent help. Short deadline and huge problems. Just some paint on plastic? I wish you would have been here dealing with what I had to, that would have been the last thing out of your mouth. Several days and 20+ hours in prep and paint, is NOT "just some paint on plastic"..

I'd much rather bed liner them than plasti-dip. not too sure how well that would hold up when he gets into some brush or something similar.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i heard plasti dip holds up pretty well, and some jeep guys even painted their wheels with it. i painted my wheels with it, but due to lack of funds, i havent gotten tires yet :(....so far theyre holding up fine though :lawl:

****s a ***** though. goes on thick as hell and you need a few layers for it to look alright...so you will fly through the spray cans of that stuff. i think i bought a total of 8 for my wheels, ugh.​

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
i heard plasti dip holds up pretty well, and some jeep guys even painted their wheels with it. i painted my wheels with it, but due to lack of funds, i havent gotten tires yet :(....so far theyre holding up fine though :lawl:

****s a ***** though. goes on thick as hell and you need a few layers for it to look alright...so you will fly through the spray cans of that stuff. i think i bought a total of 8 for my wheels, ugh.​

Jesus Andy... I think I only used 2 cans total on all 4 of my RSX wheels... finish came out real smooth and is pretty thick

Millz

Reaction score
It was in the urgent forum because I needed urgent help. Short deadline and huge problems. Just some paint on plastic? I wish you would have been here dealing with what I had to, that would have been the last thing out of your mouth. Several days and 20+ hours in prep and paint, is NOT "just some paint on plastic"..

I'd much rather bed liner them than plasti-dip. not too sure how well that would hold up when he gets into some brush or something similar.

either way, plasti-dip is cheap and easily removable

if im painting more than 1 piece i do one and see how it turns out, and do the rest. personally i dont think i would've got myself into that situation but to each his own

if the bed liner doesnt turn out good then you're up ****s creek

your choice though

shavedaccord

Reaction score
either way, plasti-dip is cheap and easily removable

if im painting more than 1 piece i do one and see how it turns out, and do the rest. personally i dont think i would've got myself into that situation but to each his own

if the bed liner doesnt turn out good then you're up ****s creek

your choice though
lol you say it like I got myself into that situation on purpose. Guess I'll consult you next time, oh great famed auto painter you.

Someone close this thread, it's done over with.

Millz

Reaction score
lol you say it like I got myself into that situation on purpose. Guess I'll consult you next time, oh great famed auto painter you.

Someone close this thread, it's done over with.

its just common sense to me, but to each his own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back