99 accord - noise when turning

KiDDBkLyN

Reaction score
I've done a bunch of searching on here but have quite found something that resembles my issue.

So the problem is, I hear like a screeching, maybe a grinding noise or squealing sound when ever I make a left hand turn, well pretty much when ever my steering wheel goes to the left. The sound seems like its coming from my passenger front tire. Now when I'm in reverse the car almost sounds the same but instead it sounds like a pump is whining (if that makes any sense). My power steering reservoir is not empty, but I have not checked the belt. Nothing looks like its grinding on my rotor or hub. Also my wheel doesn't have any play in it on both horizontal and vertical axis. The sound kinda went away after getting my tires rotated a few days ago but its back!

If any of this makes any sense to somebody, I'd appreciate any help!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
PS pump might be going bad... it gets louder the more u turn correct? but it only happens when u turn to the left? weird.... it should screech in both direction. try replacing the fluid and see if it helps

KiDDBkLyN

Reaction score
PS pump might be going bad... it gets louder the more u turn correct? but it only happens when u turn to the left? weird.... it should screech in both direction. try replacing the fluid and see if it helps

I wouldn't say it gets louder the more I turn, but it does seem to sound louder when I turn at a higher speed. And thats what I was thinking, if it was the pump it would do it in either direction and not just one. I will try replacing my fluid and see what happens

soobi

Reaction score
i had a similar problem with my toyota, it seemed to be CV joint, maybe check that out

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
i've recently come across this issue my self, i understand this issue is a few months old but OP, did the CV boot or joint fix the issue? i noticed mine after i installed new rotors and pads in the front and after i rotated tires... im going to be getting an alignment soon but i doubt that will fix it...

ironicly its when i turn to the left as well but its coming from driver side...:wtf1:

Back