Out with the old, In with the new.

redlinevtec

Reaction score
nice car man. but maintenance is going to blow. my cousin bought a 2001 325i with the M package with about 90k miles on it last year for about a little over 8 grand. she wanted to impress her EX boyfriend because he had one but his was bought brand new by his parents. lol Anyway, her dumbass complains about maintenance and expects my friend to work on the car for cheap. She *****ed about paying him $40 to install all four autozone rotors lol. That's another story... she doesn't even know the problems that are too come in the near future. she gave up a 07 Suzuki hatchback forgot the name for the 325i. I would relist it unless your parents are your backup credit card. But it's still a nice car indeed! :wub:

kashmeister

Reaction score
On top of that, something that isn't rare is going to be hard to sell. Nobody is really looking for a run of the mill luxury car that is a decade or more old. It's really hard to get a fair price.

If it is rare, then you get into an accident, your car is done as it doesn't have good resale, but you can't find another one, especially for what your insurance will pay out. I have had a few friends with various 80's M3's, M5's, and one with an M6, as well as just very clean 3 series. Some have been totaled out due to poor blue book but were pretty valuable to the right buyer. They ended up getting screwed.

My advice would be to just figure out if you can afford it and go from there. If you can, have fun with it. If it's going to drain you, it may be in your best interest to sell now. For someone like me, right now, in this economy, that car would have to sit because I just couldn't afford it. I will admit that I can't do all the regular maintenance that isn't absolutely critical on my Honda right now. Believe it or not, it's usually easier to own a car when you are younger, after you make the initial purchase. You lack expenses, you usually can get a ride or even can borrow a car when yours breaks, parents may be willing to lend you a bit, etc.

Sorry, don't want to be a downer but I have a car with far more issues, is far less reliable, and is much more expensive to maintain than yours. It isn't my DD, or even a weekend car right now, but at one point it was. I love the car, plus it was a father/son thing so he paid a lot of it, even then it was a huge pain.

Never really thought about the kbb < personal value. But yea youre right man, its definitly easier when its not your DD and more of a project car. I just work on it when I have time.

Now that the Accord got hit, my dad got a 1993 Ford Festiva with 70k miles. We bought it for $400 and it works perfectly. Its the crown of all 90's ****boxes... Its literally a phonebooth with 12" rims. I take a train to work, I walk to school, but when I have to I take it out sometimes. Its stick ;) Its fun to see other people look at you like "WTF is that thing" haha. I actually kind of like it. No AC, No power steering, broken radio, manual windows. Its the kind of car that never gives up, its brain dead simple. You don't have to worry about anything. It gets 40+MPG. We have one in Iran too (its called Kia Pride there). I've gotten 9 adult sized people to fit :p Afterwords, just 3 of us could pick up the entire front of the car and move it :)

1160660.jpg

Soooooo.......how much you want for the 7 OP?

not for sale. i'm gonna keep it for a very long time.

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
Disagree on the don't buy German deal. My grandpa has had his 330xi for 5+ years now and with regular maintenance runs like a dream. Driven a lot of older BMW's too, as far back as late 80's models, and they run as good, if not better than my accord with many more years and miles than mine.... :ugh: I'm in like to get a 335i with M Sport package about this time next year. Love them damn BMW's. Enjoy it! Fix it up, keep up on the maintenance and it'll be nice right back to ya :peace:

kashmeister

Reaction score
nice car man. but maintenance is going to blow. my cousin bought a 2001 325i with the M package with about 90k miles on it last year for about a little over 8 grand. she wanted to impress her EX boyfriend because he had one but his was bought brand new by his parents. lol Anyway, her dumbass complains about maintenance and expects my friend to work on the car for cheap. She *****ed about paying him $40 to install all four autozone rotors lol. That's another story... she doesn't even know the problems that are too come in the near future. she gave up a 07 Suzuki hatchback forgot the name for the 325i. I would relist it unless your parents are your backup credit card. But it's still a nice car indeed! :wub:

my parents arent really 100% supporting me, but they pay for insurance. Which is suprisingly not that expensive.

the only reason i can keep it is because its not a daily driver. i can take my time to fix things when they go wrong.

Back