DIY: Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge

justvtec

Reaction score
As long as i have a vtec sreaming and a honda on the floor iam going to show what i have even if it is out of date it is what i love

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
whitey2kaccord said:
HAHAHAHAHA, I agree--don't wanna go to rice-town. :D

haha, ditto......but ive also heard it messes something up, or could. idk, i do remember reading it in the post about it, in the old forum i think? ill see if i can resurect it.

retroshark

Reaction score
yea, you dont want to mess with precious vtec. in all seriousness, you could short something out if you really mess it up hardcore.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
My cruise control indicator lights up when vtec engages. I didn't want any gaudy "rice" LED's mounted anywhere. Are you tapping off a narrow band o2 sensor?? It's doesnt get too much more innaccurate than a factory narrowband.

BTW: For the vtec light,you don't use the pressure switch. Use the VTEC selonoid(solonoid?) wire which is in the middle plug on your ECU, it's green with a yellow stripe. And don't use those tap in clips, strip(don't cut) and solder.

Last edited:

angelplus

Reaction score
I've snipped proly every wire on my ECU and I feel my performance go down the toilet... I gotta fix it lol But ya, fittling with your ECU aint the smartest thing that you can do, but if you have wiring experience like me, then go right ahead. But caution if you have one doubt about doing it then dont, becuase you're bound to F' something up.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
^^^^I fully agree. My question still stands, is this gauge reading a narrow band o2 sensor?? If so, it's just a light. You could never tune off of that.

Back