Thinking of infinity speakers

tongtaihuo

Reaction score
I wanna upgrade my stereo system, does anyone use infinity in theirs?
and tweeters, i gotta replace those, sounds quality? anyone?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the infinity speakers i have suck (6012si) but they were free...

so it depends on the model

white beauty

Reaction score
I have the infinty reference speakers all the way around...paired with an alpine 9852 headunit....they are really really really really loud lol....bass is iffy...depends on the song....the reference series is right below the kappa series so if u want a better infinity go kappa

paypalbid

Reaction score
Go with Infinity if you have subwoofers. If not stay away from them because they provide alot of high (treble) so the overall balance experience is lacking. Having subwoofers in the trunk will be ok for Infinitiy speakers.

I have the 6.5 2 way speakers in the front and the 3 way 6x9 in the back

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the "reference" title on my speakers is bull****...they are the opposite of what i would consider reference...

fothermucker

Reaction score
Go to bestbuy or a local shop and listen to them. You will not want Infinity after that. I've read the Kappa series is good, but haven't heard a pair myself.

I've had both Polk MoMO and Alpine Type R and give the edge to Polk. The newer Alpine stuff might be better than the older model I had though.

dynasty

Reaction score
hmm! i was about to buy Infinity References components too! i guess i'll check out Bestbuy. where is a better buy? crutchfield or bestbuy OR where else to buy them?

leviathann

Reaction score
fROM EXPERIENCE....Crutch is more dependable....Best buy go stricly for the msrp. But you can get to hear them....

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i would have been pissed if had paid for my infinity "reference" speakers...theres plenty of better options out there. the limit is how much you want to work to fit the midbass in the door and how much you want to spend...

Back