Ultra Racing lower 4-point brace & Cusco lower Tie bar installed on CG2(01 Accord)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Re: Ultra Racing lower 4-point brace & Cusco lower Tie bar installed on CG2(01 Accord

Thats gonna be the first thing to scrape everywhere lol. My flexpipe looks just like that. Frayed from the low life.

:eekwtf:

Yeah my flexpipe is frayed too. BUT I WANT THAT 4PT BRACE NOW! Where can I get one?

picture.php

The same thing will probably happen on Mike's car as well, judging from this pic. I am dropped on the same suspension, and the Cusco bar took a beating.

JDMCG7

Reaction score
Re: Ultra Racing lower 4-point brace & Cusco lower Tie bar installed on CG2(01 Accord

i would get that but it would hit almost everywhere i go if my piping an tranny are almost hittin the ground i think this will lay on the ground lol

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score

So how far below the sub-frame do the bars sit? The reason I ask is because I'm trying to plan out my suspension overhaul, I assume that as low as i am there will be issues.

ehh, haven't measured but at least 1 - 1.5 inches on the Ultra Racing. Cusco, a wee bit more.

** But know this. My sub-frame has been lowered 7/8 of an inch to accomodate the intake and provide hood clearance for the J35.

:eekwtf:

Yeah my flexpipe is frayed too. BUT I WANT THAT 4PT BRACE NOW! Where can I get one?

Mine is just frayed from wear, not from scraping. I never scrape.

I bought mine from an Ebay seller who is in Malaysia. That is where Ultra Racing is located. paid $134 shipped. Took 3 days to receive via UPS courier.
Seller responded to my messages daily, very friendly. Even let me know there would be a delay in shipping due to the Chinese New Year. This seller had the cheapest prices for the bracing.

Seller is: ready_to_discount

There are 3 USA sellers but they may not stock them AND you will pay more -- about $50 more on average.

I recommend Throwdown, they have been selling bracing longer and they work with Ultra Racing in regards to modifying braces for RHD vehicles. They are also working with U/R to see if Fender Braces can be used for the Accord.

Throwdownperformance.com Excelerateperformance.com Heeltoeauto.com

SykVSyx

Reaction score

I'm wondering if the braces/bar will sit the same for those with engine swaps.

At least ground clearance won't be an issue, but IIRC, the pipe sits a bit lower on the J32 and similar swaps?

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score

So has there been anybody with a 4cyl. to test it on I would love to if this would fit on mine if anything I can take pic of my old subframe to compare with your which is a V6

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score

So has there been anybody with a 4cyl. to test it on I would love to if this would fit on mine if anything I can take pic of my old subframe to compare with your which is a V6

not that I am aware of. Even if you took pictures, I would still want to mount it up to see to make 100% sure. That's really the only way to be sure.

All it takes is someone near me to drive to my house and we'll mount it up. It takes no time to remove and mount it. Find someone and i'll be glad to test fit my U/R brace on a 4 cylinder chassis.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Looks great, and what a great mod for the money. Sounds like there is a big difference in how the car feels? Nice work, Michael!

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score

I really wanna try one of these but I'm 4cyl. I'm not about to shell out 130 bucks to get a part that possibly won't fit.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score

Looks great, and what a great mod for the money. Sounds like there is a big difference in how the car feels? Nice work, Michael!

Very noticable difference with the Ultra Racing brace. Still testing out the Cusco effects. So far, kinda hard to tell any difference with the Cusco added, but hey, if you can snag one, it wouldn't hurt to add it.

I'm still running without a Strut bar too. I do have a Cusco upper strut bar ready to go on though.

I really wanna try one of these but I'm 4cyl. I'm not about to shell out 130 bucks to get a part that possibly won't fit.

That is exactly what I had to do. Buy it without knowing if it actually fits.

I could not get a definite answer from the few USA and Malaysian sellers I asked. So, I just went ahead and bought it to try it out.
Sometimes that is how we find out, and have found out, if a part fits our Accords.

But in this case it won't cost you anything. Find me a 4 cylinder that is near me and I'll try it on a 4 cylinder chassis. I would like to know myself and provide this info for all of us.

Back