Ebay projectors or reflectors

fallout09890

Reaction score
This is true. Personally I've never been a fan of any aftermarket eBay projectors or ebay altezza-style tail lights.

Then you're one of the lucky few ;)

Do you have any cutoff/output pictures of your projectors? It would be great for future reference, in case others want to see what the output is like before purchasing them.

that is one of the reasons I decided on the OEMs. I didnt want to spend all that time taking off the bumper only to find out that the lenses had crappy cutoffs

1bad6

Reaction score
This is true. Personally I've never been a fan of any aftermarket eBay projectors or ebay altezza-style tail lights.

Then you're one of the lucky few ;)

Do you have any cutoff/output pictures of your projectors? It would be great for future reference, in case others want to see what the output is like before purchasing them.

I don't have any of the output of the lights and won't have any for a few months, but once my baby is back up and running I'll take some pics...maybe even a high quality vid. I DO have pics of how the light's look on the car though from when I did the install and will post those in a few hours.

1bad6

Reaction score
AND here it is as promised.

THIS is why I prefer the projectors to stock!!
picture015ps.jpg

skitrippics018.jpg

skitrippics015.jpg

fallout09890

Reaction score
And I just discovered something with my projectors that really solidified my decision....There was a sticker on the side that said, WARNING: NOT FOR USE WITH HID BULBS. Maybe this was one of those projectors that were too small for the HID bulbs

oo_phuong

Reaction score
does ur projectors use h1 bulbs? i remember back then when i tried lookin for hids for my old projectors, and i saw the projectors usin h1 bulbs, in order to have hids in them u would have to modify it, like the socket where u insert the bulb, u would have to get a dremel and cut a lil chunk so the opening would b bigger in order to have hids, i think it was a video on youtube, i cant remember but there was a diy, its been awhile tho

fallout09890

Reaction score
does ur projectors use h1 bulbs? i remember back then when i tried lookin for hids for my old projectors, and i saw the projectors usin h1 bulbs, in order to have hids in them u would have to modify it, like the socket where u insert the bulb, u would have to get a dremel and cut a lil chunk so the opening would b bigger in order to have hids, i think it was a video on youtube, i cant remember but there was a diy, its been awhile tho

I already bought the 9006 kit, so the projector is not even in the running anymore. I saw the light output from a similar projector (for a Malibu) and it looked like a half circle. I heard that they put the foglight projectors on these assemblies, and thats what makes the light output crap. I think I saw someone on here who had the TYC projectors and I might go with those in the future or just do a retro.

1bad6

Reaction score
I already bought the 9006 kit, so the projector is not even in the running anymore. I saw the light output from a similar projector (for a Malibu) and it looked like a half circle. I heard that they put the foglight projectors on these assemblies, and thats what makes the light output crap. I think I saw someone on here who had the TYC projectors and I might go with those in the future or just do a retro.

Mine use H1's. Fit perfectly.

chasnsx

Reaction score
+ 1 on the OEM style blackhoused headlights from Ebay. I got mine from Watomi Racing, and used Silverstar bulbs. The Ebay lights cost me around $120 shipped if memory serves. They actually seem to have better reflectors than the stockers -- they throw longer and more clearly defined cones of light. I just know I like them better, and they work well with my factory '03 Civic fogs.

Back