Air Vent Control

kh060

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am new here. I tried searching this in the threads but didn't find anything. So here is my problem.

I go and turn on my A/C and it works fine. So on the vent control console i select the vent to shoot the air to the feet area but it didn't work. Air just kept coming from the front air vents. Then i selected the windshield vent, same thing happened. The lights on the buttons do switch to the buttons i selected but the air still only just shoots from the front vents to me. I was wondering if you guys know what happened and how do i fix it. Thanks.

Roadrage

Reaction score
could be stuck, something may be obstructing its proper operation...just a guess..do u have a haynes manuel? thats what i ususally do when i have a situation like that

inv4zn

Reaction score
Do you have the automatic climate control system?

Or the manual one?

kh060

Reaction score
i have a manual one i think. I have to turn on the a/c with a knob and then push a button to select which vents i want the air to come out of. And also the temp is also controled by a knob too.

lashlee

Reaction score
The motor or servo that manipulates the flap must have gone bad. It may be a pain to get to without pulling the whole dash.

kh060

Reaction score
aw that sux. Is it easy to take apart or should i look into getting it done professionally. My mechanical level of experience is just changing my own oil.

inv4zn

Reaction score
If it's just a motor or something that can be replaced, shouldn't be too hard.

Problem is locating where it is..and if its in fact actually broken lol.

I donno if the haynes manual covers that though, because they left anything to do with A/C due to safety concerns (Freon gas)

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
Both the manual and auto climate control panels have a self diagnostic mode, much like OBDII, although there are only two codes possible. If you would like, I can go into greater detail about how to retrieve the codes.

Swiftx246

Reaction score
i know this is pretty old but did you ever get it fixed and find the reason?
mines doing the exact same thing

Back