Suspension noise (video included)

turbo_911

Reaction score
Last edited:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
sht...that sounds pretty bad man..My D2 Racing coils squeak time-to-time going over railroad tracks and such but not clunk just driving..(I know your on AMR) just saying.
should always go back a few days later and re-tighten/torque all the bolts down again.

could also be the top hat hitting the shock tower where its mounted up behind the seat..It is metal on metal,maybe the AMR have a gap(or again bolts loose) and when you hit a bump it goes up into the shock tower.

but go double check your preload on the coils themselves,the rearswaybar endlink bolt and just all the bolts in that fact..I cant tell over the wind but is it just the drivers side?

Last edited:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
did it start right after you installed your coils or is this something that happened over time?

turbo_911

Reaction score
sht...that sounds pretty bad man..My D2 Racing coils squeak time-to-time going over railroad tracks and such but not clunk just driving..(I know your on AMR) just saying.
should always go back a few days later and re-tighten/torque all the bolts down again.

could also be the top hat hitting the shock tower where its mounted up behind the seat..It is metal on metal,maybe the AMR have a gap(or again bolts loose) and when you hit a bump it goes up into the shock tower.

but go double check your preload on the coils themselves,the rearswaybar endlink bolt and just all the bolts in that fact..I cant tell over the wind but is it just the drivers side?

I was thinking its coil against coil sound since there are no rubber things like my Tein S-Tech have.

I preloaded 2 full turns before installing and after driving a week I did 1 more turn and everything is tight and in place (not the first time doing suspension did it many times for many years)

Sound started right after I installed the coils, and didn't had that before (was lowered on S-Techs with stock shocks)

Right now I marked the place where endlinks rubbed before (did washer trick so its farther apart now) and will see if it will rub again.

When I had it on alignment rack last this week, I had it shaken down and everything is sturdy and nothing is loose.

So I am thinking it IS the coils itself. It is driving me crazy though because I am used to how quiet my car was.

i have tht same noise !!!!!
*EDIT.. but im on fnf type 1's

Is it same loudness?

did it start right after you installed your coils or is this something that happened over time?

It happened right after I installed coils, didn't had that noise before and I was lowered on S-Tech. My rear is the same height as it was before... Only front got lower.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
have you double-checked the top hats? on the sedans at least it takes like 5 minutes to get the backseat trim off and get to the rear shock towers to double check the bolts

turbo_911

Reaction score
have you double-checked the top hats? on the sedans at least it takes like 5 minutes to get the backseat trim off and get to the rear shock towers to double check the bolts

on coupe it takes 1 min to check it lol.

Yes I did checked the bolts and they are tight. Its just I checked everything there possibly could be and really have no idea where the sound could be coming from :(

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
ah I see now what you were talking about.

yeah damn that would get on my nerves too, it's like constant and following a rhythm.

I dunno...I've run out of ideas on what it could be, you should really check it out at that garage you found for your alignment.

didn't you have an appointment like this weekend with them?

sorry it took so long to respond, I've been busy.

turbo_911

Reaction score
ah I see now what you were talking about.

yeah damn that would get on my nerves too, it's like constant and following a rhythm.

I dunno...I've run out of ideas on what it could be, you should really check it out at that garage you found for your alignment.

didn't you have an appointment like this weekend with them?

sorry it took so long to respond, I've been busy.

Yeah, I had appointment there, they checked everything and its in good condition and sturdy, nothing is loose.

They said probably it is the coils since I never had those sounds before.

Red02Accordv6_2

Reaction score
wow that sounds horrible. Mine doesn't sound like that at all. I get a light thud from the rear but only in extreme cases (ie gigantic pothole), most of the time on decent roads, it's silent.

Back