Hyperblinking signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallout09890

Reaction score
So this weekend, I finally had the time to blackhouse my headlights and install my 01 civic fogs. After I put everything back together, I noticed that my left signal was hyperblinking. My right one is fine. So, I thought that it must have been a busted bulb. I check the bulb, and it looked fine, but changed it just to make sure. All three of the bulbs I went through did the same thing. What happens is that the signal filament doesent light up at all, but the parking light filament works. If you try to signal, the parking light filament is the one that blinks but it hyperblinks. Idk, if this is connected to me doing the blackhouse, or the fogs, but I didnt touch any of the grounds when doing the HID kit for the fogs, except the one near the battery.

Millz

Reaction score
did you check your rear signal on the same side?

if the rear was out wouldnt this cause the hyperblinking too

kn0x47

Reaction score
So this weekend, I finally had the time to blackhouse my headlights and install my 01 civic fogs. After I put everything back together, I noticed that my left signal was hyperblinking. My right one is fine. So, I thought that it must have been a busted bulb. I check the bulb, and it looked fine, but changed it just to make sure. All three of the bulbs I went through did the same thing. What happens is that the signal filament doesent light up at all, but the parking light filament works. If you try to signal, the parking light filament is the one that blinks but it hyperblinks. Idk, if this is connected to me doing the blackhouse, or the fogs, but I didnt touch any of the grounds when doing the HID kit for the fogs, except the one near the battery.

sounds like you need to replace that bulb

fallout09890

Reaction score
^^that happened with all the bulbs I tried, and This IS urgent, cause I have to go in for inspection ASAP

001Stunna

Reaction score
As millz suggested check both front and back turn signals as if the rear is out, it'll make both hyper blink. If you do not want to buy new bulbs to test just swap the bulbs from R to L and check again. Make sure bulb is fully seated in the socket as well.

Also how did you connect your fogs? on their own? or piggybacking on current from one of the other power wires from the headlights?

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i would swap the bulbs...its possible that those dual filament bulbs have only one filament that is broken and the other works fine....ie the parking light part works but the turn signal doesn't...

fallout09890

Reaction score
As millz suggested check both front and back turn signals as if the rear is out, it'll make both hyper blink. If you do not want to buy new bulbs to test just swap the bulbs from R to L and check again. Make sure bulb is fully seated in the socket as well.

Also how did you connect your fogs? on their own? or piggybacking on current from one of the other power wires from the headlights?
I wired it with a relay harness hooked up to the headlight, so it turns on with my headlights. Rear signal works. Im gonna try to switch it with the other side, but I think its weird that when I tried to put the bulb that was originally there(which worked perfectly) it still hyperblinked, and both filaments on all three bulbs that I tried out looked perfect. I just dont know how I could have messed up the wiring on the signal since all i did was unplug the socket from the housing

chasnsx

Reaction score
You do not have to have a bad bulb or filament to get hyperblinking. I had that problem for a long time and I finally traced it to a very slightly loose connection between the bulb and the socket in the front turn signal. The connection was just loose enough that it would arc and the bulb would still work. When I finally pulled the working bulb and looked at it, the contact on the back of the bulb was all burned from the arcing. Check all your bulbs carefully on that side and make sure that the sockets are making good contact with the bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back