Suspension upgrade recommendations

CWeber

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to the 6GA site but have been driving my 98 for almost 10 years now. It's finally time to replace/upgrade a good number of parts in my suspension. While I have the front end in pieces already I'm considering a full upgrade. I found the Eibach pro kit (coilovers and full sway bar kit) for 1100 CDN no shipping. Fits my budget and desires but was looking for any reviews those of you who have installed this kit and if there was something much better in the same price range or not. Thanks for any input you have!

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Welcome to the site!
I think I speak for a lot of us in saying we don't know what your needs or wants in suspension. You should check out "THE Suspension Review Thread" and look at what suspension people have, what they paid for it, and the pros/cons of each suspension set up.
What are you looking for in suspension? Adjustability, stiff/soft, will you be hard cornering, and what are your needs?

Again, Welcome!

Varnell

Reaction score
The Eibach Pro Sport kit was the first upgrade I did on a 6th gen. I recommend the sway bars, only the Progress rear sway bar is thicker, but I would go with other coilovers. Considering the conditions in Canada I'd suggest Tein coilovers.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Tein's ride amazing, but don't get you that low. It's a sporty drop, but not great for putting your car on the ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Here is my personal 2cents:

For that price range you should consider The Koni Yellow/ Ground Control set up. It's a shock with coil over sleeve that is adjustable. You can pick your spring rates and there is a lifetime warranty on both. I paid 1198.xx out the door but order from Ground Control directly, a senior user and moderator RedRyder told me you could piece them together for a little less. I just wanted to order from them directly but it was only a preference at the time, you don't have to. I picked stiffer springs because I wanted my car to handle well and be aggressive. Even as stiff as my car is, it rides really well with my front at full stiff and my fears about halfway. My review goes into more detail. But this set has a great reputation across all forums and are known for quality. Eibach is great too but not as aggressive if that's what you want. But the longer I have it the more I like it. Well worth the money, so check them out!

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I never had a need for sway bars. I do have both, stock.

OEM struts are fine with lowering springs. I ran like 100k miles on H§R Race (~2.5").

Back