Window wipers are whack

phi1542

Reaction score
So ive been having issues with my window wipers. They wipe too far down or too far out. When i recalibrate it, it will be fine in the garage when i test it but when it rains it just goes and smacks the plastic causing loud noises being annoying as hell. When i turn the wipers one click it doesnt go slow like its suppose to. It goes as fast as the second click. first and second click are the same. third click it goes crazy smacking everything going across the whole entire windshield. It seems to happen whenever it rains....... which is highly inconvenient lol i replaced it with another wiper motor and assembly from pick and pull but this doesn't seem to be any better either. How do I fix it? I set my wiper blades higher than usual and it looks weird hoping it wont go back down. then it just changes and smacks right back down. Should I just buy a whole new motor and assembly? What is wrong with this thing

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
So ive been having issues with my window wipers. They wipe too far down or too far out. When i recalibrate it, it will be fine in the garage when i test it but when it rains it just goes and smacks the plastic causing loud noises being annoying as hell. When i turn the wipers one click it doesnt go slow like its suppose to. It goes as fast as the second click. first and second click are the same. third click it goes crazy smacking everything going across the whole entire windshield. It seems to happen whenever it rains....... which is highly inconvenient lol i replaced it with another wiper motor and assembly from pick and pull but this doesn't seem to be any better either. How do I fix it? I set my wiper blades higher than usual and it looks weird hoping it wont go back down. then it just changes and smacks right back down. Should I just buy a whole new motor and assembly? What is wrong with this thing

I know this might be a no **** question but do you have the amount of time before each wipe on the first click set to very little time? If so that is why it's the same speed as click 2

phi1542

Reaction score
I know this might be a no **** question but do you have the amount of time before each wipe on the first click set to very little time? If so that is why it's the same speed as click 2
Wait what you can do that? How?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you adjusted the wiper arm to stop before reaching the edge of the windshield that should have kept it from contacting the A-pillar. Maybe the adjustment isn't holding because something is loose or broken? Is it hitting the a-pillar and cowl?

As for adjusting wiper speed, you turn the 'INT TIME' dial on the inner part of the stalk. The narrower the lines are, the faster the wiper movement is.

$_57.JPG

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score
Oh ok I changed the timer lol I had no idea. As for wipers it hits on this

171cc053b15ba964ebd2e625f9c5d7b4.jpg

I tried to tighten the bolts as tight as possible but it didn't do anything. The assemble itself is all one piece idk what could be loose. since the motor seems to be fine should I replace the linkage arms? Bushings may be worn out even the one off pick and pull. Are the linkage arms suppose to be tight or is there suppose to be a little play?

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
No play.

At first I'd suspect the bushings, I've had two assemblies wear out.

Grab the d/s wiper (p/s up, off the window) with it assembled, move it up&down. Does it move? Dead/dying.

phi1542

Reaction score
Ok then there's the culprit lol.... I can move the wipers up and down d/s? P/s? Dead/dying??? Idk what you mean by those but yeah it moves. When I installed the new one from pick and pull I noticed both had play. I assumed it was normal since its suppose to move around. If I lift the wipers up I can move it. I can still push the wipers up and down while they are down. So either way I can move the position with my hands. Bushings are probably bad so it won't hold my adjustment and just moves around.

Where do I get new bushings and how do I replace it? Is it hard?? Is it expensive?

Back