Check out my homies sc300

eggyhustles

Reaction score
http://vimeo.com/17382698

The first time I saw Oliver’s Lexus SC, I was in front of Bridge Auto Parts Store under the hood of my EVO changing out a vacuum line when I heard a car roll up in the parking space next to mine. I was so involved with what I was doing that even though I heard a car with a deep hum pull up, I didn’t bother to take a look. It was just like being in one of those car commercials where, as soon as I close my hood, my eyes quickly caught notice of what was next to me, and right then and there my jaw dropped.
IMG_0070.jpg

A few moments later, my homie Oliver comes out and I found out that he had gotten rid of his Miata (which was also a serious head-turner) for this black beauty. I was just floored by how clean his SC is. This car is the definition of SLAMMIN. Stance…CHECK. Fitment….CHECK. Ultra-Rare Volks…..CHECK. We chat for a bit, and then head out. Once we rolled out of the parking lot, I hear the sweet sound of spool. Boost…..CHECK.

Oliver is no stranger to the car life. This is his second SC. His first build was cut short because of additions to his family which found him trading in his two door Lex for a family-ready Suburban. Not too long after, the bug bit again, and he ended up getting into Miatas. His second being a 99 all-black Miata that was slammed and poked. When he decided that there was some unfinished business with Lexus, and he got rid of his Miata for this SC, everyone hated him for doing it because at the time, the Lex looked like crap (his own words, lol). For a time, even he was second-guessing his decision, but he stuck with his plans, and now his hard work is finally paying off. Although Oliver will point out that it is still a work in progress, his daily-driven SCupra (thanks to the JDM 1JZ single turbo conversion) is now widely appreciated by many. It’s no surprise why, the amount of attention to detail speaks volumes.

Big Thanks to Oliver for letting us feature his SCupra! Check out the pics and details. Don’t forget to scroll to the bottom for the gallery with additional pictures from the shoot!
IMG_0082.jpg

Part of making this car extremely unique and beautiful is the shoes you see before you. The rims are limited production Formula Zero Blue also called F-Zero. These rims are so rare and exclusive that Edo here at SNTRL at first mentioned to me that these rims may have been powdercoated, but Oliver broke it down for us. There is believed to be only about 5 sets in the world in this color and only 2 are CE’s as far as Oliver is aware of, with the only other one being a 16″ wheel.

Volk F-Zero 19″x9.5/10.5+12 all around
Kumho 225/35 fronts 235/35 rears

We decided to take a ride down to Chinatown, NYC and grab some bubble tea while doing the shoot.
IMG_0151.jpg

- Full shine/autocouture kit
- suspension: Stance gr+ supra specs 18k/10k
- new paint and body work to make kit fit proper by Nocturnal auto wurx in Yonkers, NY
IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

http://www.sntrl.com/feature/blacksheep-olivers-scupra/

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
That car is sooo effing clean, but the blue wheels and OMGHERRAFRUSH stance kills the entire thing. Congratulations, you took something classy and made it ghetto. :thumbsup:

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
That car is sooo effing clean, but the blue wheels and OMGHERRAFRUSH stance kills the entire thing. Congratulations, you took something classy and made it ghetto. :thumbsup:

I was fine with the car until the final shot. Its like taking the 2am bar troll home after a looooooooooooooong night of drinking, if you only see it from a couple angles it looks okay, but if you catch a wrong angle you remember why liking this was a bad idea.

Besides a couple of personal geviances its a nice car with a lot of heart and soul, and money, put into it, much props but I think it could improve a tad.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Its like taking the 2am bar troll home after a looooooooooooooong night of drinking, if you only see it from a couple angles it looks okay, but if you catch a wrong angle you remember why liking this was a bad idea.

Agreed.

And the tires are a little too stretched, looks too forced to the point of unnatural, that's what bugs me the most. Other than the wheels, car looks great.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
Its just another show car to me, Its got all the right things: turbo engine swap, rare parts, "proper" stance, clean appearance, minimalism, something with a striking color contrast to the rest of the vehicle.

but its not a go car, he's got that turbo motor but can't lay the hammer down because his tires will go pop. Its like going to strip clubs, you can dish out more money and have a better product, but in the end it still won't do everything you know it could do.

truWarier02

Reaction score
IMO, I think the wheels look great. Then again, blue is my favorite color.

Overall, a very nice looking car.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Wow I just actually read everything and I can't believe this dude drives that car in NYC on a STATIC drop. I drove the TL through BK ONE time and I thought I was going to lose my sub frame, I can't imagine what it is like driving that thing around in the city.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
nice car, i need some rolling shots of my subie. i think i might be done with my accord. im even thinking about selling her. =\ it's a shame.

Back