aiming headlight

Sinful

Reaction score
which screw is it that i need to adjust the lowbeam headlights? and what kind of tools do i need.. phillips/flathead screwdriver? and where exactly is the screw

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Phillips or a 10mm socket will work. The high beam and low beam adjust with the same screw (at least on my OEM's they do). There is 2 adjustment screws. One of for up & down, the other is side to side.

6THGEN_AI4

Is there a side to side "one":confused: where exaclly is because I can only see the up & down 10mm between the two bulbs.

Am I wrong????
aimingfi7.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the 01-02 headlights have a plastic cap over the side to side adjuster. a flat head screwdriver will take care of it :D

6THGEN_AI4

ryan s said:
the 01-02 headlights have a plastic cap over the side to side adjuster. a flat head screwdriver will take care of it :D

Damn thats problably why I didn't see it when I did my blackhousing.... I'll try to aim 'em later.

thanks.

AndyK

Reaction score
Hey, reviving this old thread....

How do you get a wrench to that up/down adjuster bolt?? I can't even see the bolt due to the front end structure blocking access.

Thanks!

Andy (new member):beer:

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
you can also stick a phillips head screwdriver in from the top and turn it that way... if you notice there are gear teeth visible

AndyK

Reaction score
Oh, THAT bolt! I was looking at the wrong bolt! The one with the gear on it - to move the headlight up and down. Makes sense now. I thought the bolt was behind the front of the headlight - and the battery is in the way.

Thanks!
Andy

ntbbyboi

Reaction score
i have halo projectors and my headlights point to the ground
im reading the aiming headlights threads but i still cant find my bolts to aim it
i just need the up and down one. but it would help to tell me which one is which.
anyone have the same headlights as me that knows where the bolts are?

Back