black housing headlights?

DShaw

Reaction score
Does anyone know the best way to tint the high beam buckets yellow? I have the Krylon stained glass spray paint to do my fog lenses but I'm not sure how it will work on the chrome reflectors. I'm just wanting to do it for the look in the daytime but I'm afraid it might hurt my light output at night. Anyone have any experience with this?

Accordx

Reaction score
Does anyone know the best way to tint the high beam buckets yellow? I have the Krylon stained glass spray paint to do my fog lenses but I'm not sure how it will work on the chrome reflectors. I'm just wanting to do it for the look in the daytime but I'm afraid it might hurt my light output at night. Anyone have any experience with this?

I personally would stay away from painting over chrome reflectors but that's just me. Not sure how you'd do this.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i never felt great about painting the reflectors with that stained glass paint, though it looks like it comes out fine when people have done it. i always just used yellow bulbs, and you can usually see the yellow of the bulb reflecting off the chrome anyway, so it kind of gives the look you're going for.

Aman

Reaction score
^ This. I have Nokyas in my DRL/high beam housing, and the yellow reflection off the buckets is enough for me. Will try and get a pic.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

The key is not spraying too much, just keep it light so you get the effect you want but don't kill the light output. Either way the output will be lessened, but personally I don't find these high beams to be that great anyway. I bought a set of retros from someone that had sprayed the high beam reflectors yellow, it looks good but they sprayed it too heavily and the light output is not very good.

In retrospect I would rather have the stock chrome reflector and use a yellow bulb. Then if you get suck of the yellow tint you can change it back to clear. Not as easy to do once they are sprayed yellow.

temporary_zps5991e560.jpg

Last edited:

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
My son was telling me he found some place that sold a tint you applied to the lens to give you the ÿellow look" headlights (like some IMSA cars use). I can't remember who he said was selling them, but he also found them on e-bay.

Accordx

Reaction score
My son was telling me he found some place that sold a tint you applied to the lens to give you the ÿellow look" headlights (like some IMSA cars use). I can't remember who he said was selling them, but he also found them on e-bay.

Certain companies sell cutouts like premium auto styling but none for the accord as far as I know. This is definitely an option though.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Certain companies sell cutouts like premium auto styling but none for the accord as far as I know. This is definitely an option though.

The place he was telling me about, sold it in a sheet. This ment you could custom cut it to fit your application. He's a Honda guy too (into Civics), so he's always looking for something different. ;)

Back